Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

Pound for pound, probably the most expensive parts in my shop right now. I have a lot to learn, and am clearly not going to be ordering the casting set for the "Quorn" grinder any time soon, but I didn't hurt myself or the machine, and I didn't have to throw any parts away, so I am calling that a win for day one.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

A youtuber using Google Earth, managed to solve one of the great mysteries of the Ages...

How far was the bucket shot in Quigley Down Under?

Apparently, it was 325 yards

https://youtu.be/KB1xlpxOQNs

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?t ... an.870590/
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Ordered a 5C collet chuck for my lathe today. The key type and not the high $$$ speed wheel, but a decent brand (Bison) and not china. Plain back, so I had to get the matching D1-5 back plate to mount it to lathe. Cheaper than buying the dedicated D1-5 chuck, can machine the backplate true to the lathe, and gives the option of using the chuck on a different style lathe spindle later by swapping back plates.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

After lunch went in black and shot pistols with my sons, middle daughter and son's fiancee. First time shooting for middle daughter since HS. Kind of cool, she has pretty much decided to get a piece and CC permit as soon as she can. Also, she turned into a conservative again after a decade plus of being a lefty. Good times.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Congrats, Vonz!

On another note, replacing a dryer drum belt is a piece of cake once you find the right videos on YouTube.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Cool Whip is made of ghosts.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I have heard of deer rifles and hog rifles but apparently Remington used to make Boy Scout rifles

https://www.wardscollectibles.com/viewi ... ?item=4219.

22 short seem a bit light to use on boy scouts, I think I would want at least a 22-250 or 243
randy

Post by randy »

Might be adequate for Cubs, and Webelo's, maybe up through Tenderfoot.

But definitely too small once they start approaching Explorer age
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".