Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Non existent gun that I kinda wish somebody made:
A pump action 9mm gallery rifle ala` win 1906, ideally in stainless and laminate.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

How does someone build a house in this day and age without a range f-ing hood? Instead they used a stove with a blower, but it just runs into the basement. F-ing idiots... also only one company make a those stoves, and they suck, and we need to replace it....so.

Weekend before last took the cabinet down and rebuiit it so it would work with a hood. (It was an odd arrangement, hard to describe.) Then yesterday hung it and ran the power and ducting, so great it is there but now I have to replace the drywall where I tore the walls open to run the ducting in the room on the other side of the wall.

Just a tremendous pain in the ass because the previous owners (who had it built) were clueless. Of course they did not cook, so they did not care.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

did someone say drywall? 1967 garage conversion redux at the turnaround point (from demo to install/rebuild).

Got a mini-split being installed as I type this
117181385_10157089098971046_1181868138691863701_n.jpg
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

In case you are having a bad week, some perspective.

With in the last seven days, one of our plants has been hit by an earthquake, and hurricane, and lightning. To top it off they had to evacuate it yesterday when they accidentally ran a skunk through the compactor and the fumes were sucked into the vent system and spread around the whole place.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

A skunk through the compactor... you win. :geek:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

For the first 20 seconds or so it sounded like an old tractor my uncle had
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

That's why I always told my kids not to put one towel in the washer with a load of lightweight clothes. I have tears in my eyes from watching that! :lol: :lol:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:53 pm How does someone build a house in this day and age without a range f-ing hood? Instead they used a stove with a blower, but it just runs into the basement. F-ing idiots...
They built my house with a range hood.. with no venting. It just dumps the air back into the kitchen. I'll let you in on a secret: anytime a house is built for sale, the builder will cut every corner imaginable, especially on stuff that isn't immediately noticeable.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

My hood vents back in through a filter. The house originally had a wood stove I imagine. It's 98 years old. One day, I'll figure out how to duct it outside.