Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

I'm kind of indirectly mentioned in a book. It's not a very good book, and the person who wrote it flaked out in a spectacularly unprofessional fashion I still haven't forgiven him for but hey I'm kind of in a book.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 pm I'm kind of indirectly mentioned in a book. It's not a very good book, and the person who wrote it flaked out in a spectacularly unprofessional fashion I still haven't forgiven him for but hey I'm kind of in a book.
Congratulations!

So, you're saying, "I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now. "

:P
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:14 pm
Greg wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 pm I'm kind of indirectly mentioned in a book. It's not a very good book, and the person who wrote it flaked out in a spectacularly unprofessional fashion I still haven't forgiven him for but hey I'm kind of in a book.
Congratulations!

So, you're saying, "I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now. "

:P
LOL, no I'm probably about 1/3rd of the people who've read the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Migrating-MariaD ... 1484239962

It's actually not a very good book and nothing is mentioned by name, but I am referred to in the book. And the author left the company in a spectacular fashion we still joke about.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

(clicks link)...

I will not be making you 1/4 of the people who have read that book. ;)
Jered

Post by Jered »

<clicks link>

Hey it gets five stars! Also, I'm not going to spend money on that book.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Lightning killed many electronics I enjoy this weekend - master BR A/C, microwave, stereo, DVD player, internet modem, video card in computer, daughter's laptop so far.

The ISP guys said it blew up all the connectors on the pole by my house.

Nature is neat!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Weetabix wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:53 pm Lightning killed many electronics I enjoy this weekend - master BR A/C, microwave, stereo, DVD player, internet modem, video card in computer, daughter's laptop so far.

Nature is neat!
Yikes! I'm feeling ok with CA earthquakes and fires. Not had to deal with lightening strikes
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:53 pm Lightning killed many electronics I enjoy this weekend - master BR A/C, microwave, stereo, DVD player, internet modem, video card in computer, daughter's laptop so far.

Nature is neat!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VTEHJ9Q?ta ... th=1&psc=1
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Thanks - I'll look into that. I'm considering having all the breakers replaced. That could slip right in there.
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Got a new family hauler...
EBFDBBC5-4833-4227-A1C9-C469CF518CFE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.