Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Nets engine post reminded me of somethiing i saw on yourube - the achates engine, of which a new prototype is now being tinkered with, gets 270hp, 480 ft lbs of torque out of a turbo 2.7liter 3 cyl,6piston engine. The kicker is engine efficiency is north of 50 percent... at a recent auto show, some saudi oil company was showing off a f150 with this engine installed - they claim it got 37mpg.. :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:58 pm Nets engine post reminded me of somethiing i saw on yourube - the achates engine, of which a new prototype is now being tinkered with, gets 270hp, 480 ft lbs of torque out of a turbo 2.7liter 3 cyl,6piston engine. The kicker is engine efficiency is north of 50 percent... at a recent auto show, some saudi oil company was showing off a f150 with this engine installed - they claim it got 37mpg.. :shock:
Nothing new under the sun.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Yes, but its a hevily refined design compared to earlier designs.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Yes, but its a hevily refined design compared to earlier designs.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

This is mainly for Termite, but here is a video from Avweb on the Light Sport accident rate which I thought was pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv_rRus-X9k

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Doing some link random walks after seeing something on Insty....

It appears the long walk through the institutions has completely gotten the Catholic Church. It's owned by the gay mafia up to and including the Pope who is one of theirs.

But now the truth is coming out into the open.

I wonder how violent it's going to get.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
randy

Post by randy »

I'll buy that Vatican is taking the issue seriously when they start excommunicating Predator Priests.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Things are beyond Byzantine at work these days.... In order to keep me and another guy with 9+ years each with the company and bachelor’s degrees out of a job we are overqualified for, and justify giving it to a guy who has been here a few weeks, they instituted a schedule chang that fucks at least 5 people. The majority of whom were innocent bystanders.

Greg

Post by Greg »

randy wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:40 am I'll buy that Vatican is taking the issue seriously when they start excommunicating Predator Priests.
That's just it. It's come out that the fix was in, was always in. The Vatican isn't serious about sexually active homosexual priests, it's *enthusiastic*. It sidelines or even ruins the careers of those who aren't cool with sexually active homosexuals running the Church (up to and including the previous Pope).

Which would seem to lead to a bad reaction from the masses. Which is why I wonder how violent it's going to get.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:45 pm
randy wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:40 am I'll buy that Vatican is taking the issue seriously when they start excommunicating Predator Priests.
That's just it. It's come out that the fix was in, was always in. The Vatican isn't serious about sexually active homosexual priests, it's *enthusiastic*. It sidelines or even ruins the careers of those who aren't cool with sexually active homosexuals running the Church (up to and including the previous Pope).

Which would seem to lead to a bad reaction from the masses. Which is why I wonder how violent it's going to get.
It won't get institutionally violent. The conservatives are the ones who want the bad guys purged. Conservatives don't usually get violent first.

Now, that's not to say some individual parents of victims won't get violent. That would not surprise me in the least.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D