Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Jered

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Jered »

blackeagle603 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:24 pm If you are part of contact/exposure trace. Self isolate for a time for the sake of others. This is actual scenario quarantine serves (as opposed to lock the world down approach we've been saddled with).
If it was that important they'd have left me a message during one of the three times they they called me on my cell phone.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

If it was that important they'd have left me a message during one of the three times they they called me on my cell phone.
:lol: Gotta love it. We're from the government and we're here to help you. We've got out best men on it. Best. Men.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

Also, the symptoms of heat exhaustion and teh covidz overlap.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

AlaskaTRX wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:31 amI avoid people that I don’t know/trust, or anyone that may “just have allergies”.
Unfortunately, whether you know or trust someone doesn’t seem to have a whole lot of bearing on anything.... A coworker of my wife has Covid currently. She and her husband caught it while on a hunting trip with family members. I know them a little and neither of them are careless people. Both teachers, fortunately neither of them have been in the building where Mrs. NPR works recently.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Can't run, can't hide -- or only can for so long once that horse (virus) is out of barn.

Use that time to prep. Increase resilience. Do the simple things that correlate with improved outcomes.

And put an action plan and supplies in place for immediate action should you be exposed or develop symptoms. Set up a relationship with a Dr that has a clue and isn't just following Fauci & Co blindly.

Early action is key -- huge force multiplier to be ready and act immediately -- preemptively even.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

That's not really the point. I think this has caused a lot of us to become much more diligent about taking vitamins, etc. I've had all of about 3 cans of soda (I used to have about that many per day) since some time in April, and I haven't had any fast food since after about the 3rd time I drove away from a meal I had paid for due to witnessing unmasked individuals breathing all over my food. I didn't have a hell of a lot of weight to lose to begin with, but I have found another notch in my belt that I had never used before.

The only point I was trying to make is that if you think you can relax your guard because you are with somebody you know or trust, you are just wrong, period. I would love to get together with my brother and his family but it just isn't worth the risk. Not to my family, not to his, not to the people I work with, etc. I have nothing against trying to boost one's immune system and I think everybody should be doing something in that regard, but it's no more THE answer than anything else. If anything, it's just a last desperate line of defense in case everything else you should also be doing fails.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

point taken.

Getting away from the inflammatory foods (fries, PUFAs, damaged/overheated oils, lectins, etc) is huge for increasing margins.

There are specific measurable things that can be done.
The blood tells the tale.

Basically everything that kills you is linked to inflammation.

The reporting Covid's pneumonia phase just emphasizes that to a larger degree.
Eating an low inflammation diet (e.g. AIP, Bulletproof, SIsson's Primal Blueprint, Wahl's) can measurably increase margin for resisting and recovering from bugs like Covid. While improving healthspan in all areas.

Vitamin D levels are highly correlated to C-19 severity and surviability.
D is simple track and huge in how well we respond to bugs. Always take it in combination with K2.
IMHO not checking D a couple times a year is like driving a car w/out ever pulling a dipstick. I've got mine dialed in over the past 10 years of monitoring so only check once a year now. And I know to load up after/during a bug and go a bit heavier on it a couple days a week during the dark months. Takes about 50,000 IU/week to keep me above 60ng/mL and I try to get into the 70's.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

So sizing some 8x57 cases last night and I got one stuck so tight I absolutely could not get it unstuck. Oh well, ran to BassPro and picked up another set (RCBS vs Lee).

Still using the seating die and crimp die because they are set up the way I like (no crimp die with the new one anyway).

I think I bought the Lee dies in '03 or '04, so I guess I got my money's worth.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Stuck case remover no joy? Lee stuff is usually semi-disposable anyway. :lol:

Jered

Post by Jered »

My parents are here visiting and my mom left the toilet lit open. I found a cat trying to play in the toilet water.