Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

316L sucks donkey balls, with the wrong tools.

I have to locate a drivers seat belt buckle in tan for the Surburban.

The new 20 gallon air compresaor tank finally showed up at work friday, took long enough for what Surplus center raped me for freight, and they did a shitty job of packing it. Now i have to get it out of the truck. Sigh.

Theres a 2004 Buick Regal with 65k miles on it, with a very low price. Im thinking about calling tomorrow about it, but i cant help wonder if theyrrs something nonobviously wrong with it.

I still have to do a master cylinder in the truck, and a new brake caliper and rotor, because i, getting a vibration under medium braking conditions. Probably put both off for a while though.

Still havent seen a jump seat for the truck for a noninsane price. Im patient though.

Thinking about going fishing. Never seem to have the time.

Work is either feast or famine, and every day, i find it harder and harder to find the motivation to go. It may be time to move on, but i dont want to before i buy a house, because being in a new job doesnt do wonders for the loan application.

Still want to choke the $£=&%) out of the purchasing guy - getting tooling is like pulling teeth, and thats for nprmal stuff. I can imagine the response if i asked to buy a dozen hydraulic holders, let alone a shrink fit system (I think Maritool has the cheapest shrink fit station on the maket right now, and its 3500 bucks. The Lyndex Nikken Start II i like starts at ten grand. Haimer has sysmes from cheap used car, to decent house in terms of pricing, the latter are high volume multiple workstations for really big shops with their own dedicated toolrooms.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Just got back from LibertyCon 32. Had a great time. Got to speak with Lawdawg, and swap some stories.

Reunited with friends from over 10 years ago. Made an impression on somebody over 13 years ago, without me knowing it, helping him from self-service with a .45.

Made a bunch of new friends.

Will try going to LibertyCon 34.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I saw Mat Best's latest and I thought some of you here might like it. Caution, contains profanity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6geeA_Y8HU
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Marathon chronograph session today in this miserable heat. 5 different rifles, 3 different calibers and a bunch of loads. One of those rare occasions when I am glad I know how to operate a spreadsheet. :lol:

Some of my findings include, Trailboss powder kind of sucks but I guess that is the point. 6 grains of it pushes a 255gr plated flat point out of a 12" SBR barrel at just under 760, ten shot average. But they are definitely quiet with the can on. As a control, I fired 10 of my older loads using LSWC of the same weight, over 8.5 grains of Unique, and they averaged 1073. Would not be a bad sub load if they were jacketed.

Lapua Scenar 220s are consistently faster than Sierra Matchking 220 out of all 3of my Blackout rifles using the same charges of A1680. All of the sub loads functioned both ARs including the 10" SBR and locked the bolt open on an empty mag all the way down to 822fps. The Lapuas are longer than the SMKs and had to be seated deeper, but they still ran fine in both ARs. Good thing since I have twice as many of those that I bought on sale a while back.

The new .308 AR seems to group OK so far. I think I may have messed up my SDN-6 can though; going to send it back to AAC for them to look at.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:59 amI have to locate a drivers seat belt buckle in tan for the Surburban.
The new(well, new to me, fuck GM with a pickaxe for discontinuing it, the bastards) was apparently delivered this afternoon while I was at work. Guess I know how I'm spending my Saturday night. :roll:

Meanwhile I've been eyeballing a Fadal 4020 with TSC, with a BIN of 21k, or "best offer"

To quote the old song, "I need to get out of this place, if its the last thing I ever do"
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Netpackrat wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:13 am Lapua Scenar 220s are consistently faster than Sierra Matchking 220 out of all 3of my Blackout rifles using the same charges of A1680. All of the sub loads functioned both ARs including the 10" SBR and locked the bolt open on an empty mag all the way down to 822fps. The Lapuas are longer than the SMKs and had to be seated deeper, but they still ran fine in both ARs. Good thing since I have twice as many of those that I bought on sale a while back.
Now that I have slept (I literally fell asleep in front of computer last night with a couple sheets of data left to enter), I realized that I am an idiot. Of course the Lapuas were faster... They are longer and I had to seat them deeper to get them to fit in an AR magazine. Less powder space means more pressure and thus higher velocity. :roll:

Greg

Post by Greg »

For the 4th I bought a thousand rounds of M193 and some stripper clips. I need to get to the range.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:35 am For the 4th I bought a thousand rounds of M193 and some stripper clips. I need to get to the range.
Good on you!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Taking the mandatory workplace violence online training (which is funny because my workplace is a room in my home now).

Takeaways:
Perpetrators of workplace violence are always white men.

Women notice when someone is potentially going to get violent, and they tell their black manager who will look concerned.

Most active shooting situations are over within 2-5 minutes, so they're over before first responders can arrive. You're on your own.

Get out. Get safe. Get tough. In that order.

(Company) has a no-weapons policy.
Rustyv

Post by Rustyv »

Took the same training at work in a group setting. As the guys who use cutting torches and spud bars for a living pointed out, “there’s a lot of weapons around the office...”

$1 says we go to a web based training program next year.
Welcome to the internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Dance like it hurts, Love like you need the money, Work like people are watching - Scott Adams