Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

Back from the range a little while ago, and between the fudds and the range nazis, they are absolutely ruining the experience.

Good day shooting otherwise. Got a little more chrony data and shot at steel a little bit. Found that the subs I have loaded up for the Blackout bolt action are not as accurate as factory Remington subs, which have printed 5 shot 1.5moa groups out of this rifle, which is very good for subs. Only problem is the factory ammo is meant for ARs and it isn't subsonic out of this rifle. Oh well. Loading accurate subs is hard, but these are more than good enough for what I am going to use them for, which is pinging a steel plate.

Then I went 5 straight with the .45 Colt SBR on the plate at 100. Technically it was 5 out of 6, but the first low shot gave me the elevation, and I hit it each time after that. 12" barreled SBR with iron sights, so that was a good point at which to pack it up and go home.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:22 am Back from the range a little while ago, and between the fudds and the range nazis, they are absolutely ruining the experience.
Add gun gamers/trainers to that list and that was the "outta here" point for me.

Got a new range, still don't get there enough. Planning to remedy that tomorrow.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I didn't mention the gun golfers because they weren't really a factor today, but yeah they complete the trifecta. They are mostly a problem on Fridays and weekends, and are the main reason I try to avoid going to the range on those days. I wouldn't necessarily hold the fact that they reserve whole sections of the range for their events against them, except they aren't content to just do it for the days they are actually shooting. They can't be bothered to show up early on the days of the events to set up, so they will reserve them for Fridays too, show up in the afternoon to set their stuff up, and leave it there so nobody else can use the range.

There is another range about the same distance from me (it's arguably closer but I have to drive all the way across Anchorage to get there), and I stopped going there 15 or more years ago due to the nazis having taken over. Now I am looking at having to drive all the way out to Palmer to use the public range there (which has been closed since April due to road construction) just to get away from them again.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:22 am Back from the range a little while ago, and between the fudds and the range nazis, they are absolutely ruining the experience.
I'd recommend a Barrett M82A1 or a machine gun.

That'll learn 'em.

I played with my MG at the range today. The Suomi drum upper likes 9mm nato ammo.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yeah the most offensive things I currently have are the Saiga shotgun and a couple 16" .308s, and I would have to actually sit next to them for that to do any good. Maybe I have been going about this all the wrong way, with silencers, subsonic ammo and such.

The latest outrage is they now make everybody wear a wrist band that is color coded to their membership level. The excuse given was non members sneaking onto the range during hunting season. Had several of them on the section where I set up today. Probably could have avoided some of the idiocy by moving down to the next range, but the one I was at allows shooting anywhere from 25 to 100 (hence its popularity among the fudds who make only one visit to the range each year prior to hunting season). Since I was doing chrono and bullet stability testing at 25, I didn't want to have to move all my shit once I was ready to move out to 100 like I would have at the other possible area.

Had these two old bearded duck dynasty looking fucks trying to sight in a bolt action rifle with iron sights. Every time before the one who looked like Uncle Si would shoot, he would loudly call out, "Fire in the hole!" If I ever get to the point of doing that I hope somebody smacks me. When they arrived I was shooting at my steel from the sitting position, subsonic suppressed. Obviously they didn't see me there partly obscured by the shooting benches, but I don't think they looked either. As I was taking up the slack, Uncle Si called out "range cold" and without waiting for response proceeded across the firing line. I don't think he heard me yell because his buddy had to stop him.

The wrist bands are a particularly dumb idea because now the ROs are going to skip the ID checks they are supposed to do because they can see everybody's wrist bands. But they are not anything special, and now that there are samples out there, will be easy to fake.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Currently in the hospital, had a minor. Stroke.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Crap, hoping for full recovery.

Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

What is with these heart attacks, strokes, etc. Y'all knock that shit off.

On a more serious note, get well soon, hope, like Net says, for a full recovery.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Feel better!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

We are all 15 years older since most of us met.