Joys of living in New Orleans

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Lokidude

Re: Joys of living in New Orleans

Post by Lokidude »

Xavier has a little different take on Grimes. I'm normally a backer of the police, give them the benefit of the doubt; however, this IS New Orleans, home of "any excuse to take your guns and your rights."
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

They really grow good spellers down there, don't they? "Jusus Chyist"??

Oh, and just what is an "assault shotgun"?
Assistant Police Superintendent Marlon Defillo said that on Saturday evening, as crime lab investigators began to "process" the car, they found an assault shotgun in the trunk along with a "high velocity" magazine clip for the 9 mm handgun and shotgun shells.

Grimes said he did not know whether his son owned another weapon, but that if he did, it would be registered.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

I'm pretty sure that "y" is supposed to be an "r".
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Jered

Post by Jered »

So the "Jus" the assault shotgun, and the high velocity 9mm clip are in it together?

:shock:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Dr King wept.

In unrelated news, I got woken up by gunfire Saturday evening. What sounded like a single shotgun blast in the apartments across the street. No idea if it was an ND, someone dealing with a break-in, or plain old crime. Sounded like the shot happened outside, so I'm guessing it wasn't the middle option. I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to sleep.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

Woken up by gunfire... Wow, I wish I could say that's a novelty. In fact, there were so many incidents of 'a single shot' fired around here, I wrote a letter to the chief. I explained that I'd called 911 several times, but there's literally no point. Unless there's someone here when it happens, there's nothing anyone can do. The deputy asked a next-door-neighbor if he'd heard anything (infer what you may), and the neighbor thank God said the same thing I said.

Years later they still can't figure it out, though the pace has lessened. Every couple of weeks someone fires off a round. I don't even bother calling the police any more.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix