Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Weetabix

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Weetabix » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Netpackrat wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pm
It's all relative, and no, I really don't. :lol: Looking at a pair of relatively clean round ram BPs with J head, a couple serial numbers apart that appear to have come out of the same shop. Shop is a 1.5-2 car garage (called a 2 car, but only if they are small cars) with a 1 car sized extension built off the back. Space is pretty tight as it is before I add a mill.
HTRN: "A sense of proportion or a budget is for sissies!" 8-)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:23 am

Weetabix wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 pm
For the most part, that's only where other people's money is concerned.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

HTRN

Post by HTRN » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Netpackrat wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pm
Shop is a 1.5-2 car garage (called a 2 car, but only if they are small cars) with a 1 car sized extension built off the back. Space is pretty tight as it is before I add a mill.
You'd be amazed what you can stuff in a garage with the right planning..

https://youtu.be/imLVVUJ7aEQ
Weetabix wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 pm
I want commenting on his budget limits, but on his definition of "huge". The biggest mill I've ever personally seen was a gantry mill that was big enough to park a dump truck on. I regularly run a Hurcos with a table of 3 x7 feet, and a max table load of 5000 lbs.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:17 pm

HTRN wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:30 pm
You'd be amazed what you can stuff in a garage with the right planning..
My gunsmith/machinist friend has a 1 car garage with a 12x36 lathe, south bend lathe, bridgeport mill, some big horizontal mill, surface grinder, drill press, welder, blast cabinet, tractor project, shaper, and I think part of a disassembled Model T. :shock:

I went from an oversize 1 car garage to the current shop, which was a big improvement but not as much as you might think since the previous garage had a high ceiling with a storage loft. I really miss being able to put stuff up on the loft. Plus everything went into the garage with no planning over the course of a long weekend when we moved, and it has taken forever to get semi organized. The real improvement is being able to use it as a garage and still keep a project vehicle inside the extended area. I would add another extension, except the back yard slopes away steeply.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop