Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

I used to be an adventurer like you, and then I stumbled into a meme.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Just had an offer accepted for a new place. Anyone have any experience with combined wood/gas furnaces?

I figure I will replace it if I don't like it, but maybe good so I could use firewood in case of a loss of gas or something. The house has a backup generator too.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Since very shortly after she could put a sentence together, my 4-y/o has been able to correctly identify any UPS truck as a ‘Big Brown Truck of Happiness’. Her 2-y/o younger brother just crossed that speech threshold, and trying to copy his big sis today identified a UPS ‘Big Brown Truck of Happy Face’. Yes buddy, it’s that too...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Because of ongoing issues with my back and knees, ive gone part time at work for the forseeable future. Hopefully it wont be that long before im back to a full time schedule...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

When I started trying to pocket carry every day, it felt weird. Now if I don't it feels wrong. Like I forgot to bring my wallet or something.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:59 pm When I started trying to pocket carry every day, it felt weird. Now if I don't it feels wrong. Like I forgot to bring my wallet or something.
Again, welcome to Free America! I actually carry two knives. Sometimes it makes me feel silly, but there you are. I have a Victorinox Alox Cadet. I use the little tools on it every day. And a Kershaw folder that has 1556TI on the blade. It sits patiently out of the way waiting for when I need a real blade.

And I feel weird when I don't have them.

Here's the order of precedence of EDC from most important to least:
1. Gun
2. Cadet
3. Watch
-----------now I'm ready to watch Netflix
4. Kershaw
5. Wallet
-----------can leave home now if I'm not driving
6. Keys
-----------short trip to the store
7. Pen
8. Moleskine notebook - ~3x5, soft cover - Cahier?
-----------ready for the world

I tend to overthink my life. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
George guy

Post by George guy »

This is Pennsylvania, so I really don't care that much, but it irritates me knowing that the thumb stud on my knife would make it illegal in NY.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
Greg

Post by Greg »

Ha yes, I always carry at least 2 knives as well.

I have a Vic Classic (the little one with a small blade, scissors and a nail file) on my keychain and a locking folder (usually a Kershaw Blackout) clipped to a pocket somewhere. Sometimes I also carry a larger SAK as well.

I also always carry at least one flashlight. Yes, sometimes more than one.

Plus wallet, cell phone, microfiber eyeglass cloth and lip balm.

Adding the gun is new.

Cargo pockets are good. :)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

George guy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:46 pm This is Pennsylvania, so I really don't care that much, but it irritates me knowing that the thumb stud on my knife would make it illegal in NY.
I work in NYC and carry a folder every day that would get me arrested if a cop saw it. Concealed means concealed. I don't consent to a random search. No you can't Pat me down. Yes I will not enter the subway (here) because I refused a search

Move to PA is a possibility and I will be SO glad to get to America. Think I'll tell youse guys about it tomorrow, it is to laugh.
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:18 pm
George guy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:46 pm This is Pennsylvania, so I really don't care that much, but it irritates me knowing that the thumb stud on my knife would make it illegal in NY.
I work in NYC and carry a folder every day that would get me arrested if a cop saw it. Concealed means concealed. I don't consent to a random search. No you can't Pat me down. Yes I will not enter the subway (here) because I refused a search

Move to PA is a possibility and I will be SO glad to get to America. Think I'll tell youse guys about it tomorrow, it is to laugh.
Went out for lunch today and passed by a table full of cops at Freddie's (local fast food burger chain, it's really quite good for fast food). With a gun in my pocket. I thought it was funny. Quite legal and all but still funny.

America is awesome. Freedom, fuck yeah. Or something like that.