Well this should be interesting

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Jennifer

Re: Well this should be interesting

Post by Jennifer »

Many good points Mike. I suppose I should take more angles. The belt is a Kydex reinforced so the weight does not make it pull funny. No one has seen it even when I've had to crawl under my desk to fiddle with the computer. The pancake holster pulls the gun in very tight and reduces printing to a minimum. I do have to be careful about shorter jackets and vests because the muzzle and tend to peek out the bottom. Hopefully the shoulder holster will be better for this.
Honestly, I didn't do other camera angles because the point of the pictures was more to show the organizer of the whole shopping spree what I look like and how I typically dress. I will get some other angles though because I would really appreciate the feedback from people who know the tell-tale signs to look for.
Here is a picture with no cover garment and my arms completely out of the way. You can just see the edge of the holster peeking out. I'm of course not even attempting to be concealed here.
Yes, my cat is absolutely determined to help me work out. He was actually the focus of the pic.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Mind how the sides of the cover garment swing and billow as you walk or move, too.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Weetabix wrote:Mind how the sides of the cover garment swing and billow as you walk or move, too.
I know some cops who had drapery anchor weights (not big ones, but enough to provide a little extra weight) sewn into the bottom corner of their jackets for use on windy days.

The photo with the cat, most people wouldn't even notice that little bit sticking out until you got up, and then only if they were looking right at it.

It appears there's a hair on the camera lens (probably a cat hair). :)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

It appears there's a hair on the camera lens (probably a cat hair).
Oh I'm sure. They are everywhere.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Just an update
Did the whole shopping thing on Sunday. We had a great time. Went with lots of layering, but I learned that JCPenneys does sell nice slacks with wide enough belt loops for my reinforced belt.
The fashion writer wasn't even fazed. It was a really good experience overall.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Was the fashion writer the only one you worked with? Were there others around from the store who knew/saw you WITH A GUN!?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Well my husband came with us, but no one else knew about or saw the gun. That would be illegal here anyway.
There were several people there especially in the dressing rooms. No one ever noticed.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Can't beat a $300 shopping trip, any day of the week. Perhaps you can give Miss G&T some tips!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

How did you train your cat to detect someone carrying concealed, and then sit on the suspect until authorities arrive?
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I too, carry concealed and like to dress like a...uh, never mind.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.