Webcomic List

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
randy

Webcomic List

Post by randy »

All right, what webcomics do you guys hit regularly? I know some of them have been brought up but I don't think we've had list (at least recently).

Several of these I was pointed to from this forum (thanks guys).

I'm little hesitant to start this as I already spend too much time reading the web. ;)

Sluggy Freelance
Schlock Mercenary
Day By Day
Liberty Meadows
Over the Hedge
The Whiteboard
Air Force Blues
Crew Dogs Home
Buck Godot
Least I could Do
Looking For Group

And I'm working my way through Wapsi Square and deciding if it goes on my daily list. Its,...Interesting...on a lot of levels. (see my Gun Counter Post on it)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Mud_Dog

Re: Webcomic List

Post by Mud_Dog »

Here's my list(that hasn't been mentioned already):

8-bit Theater Tue, Thu, Fri

Rob and Elliot Mon

Dr. McNinja Mon, Wed, Fri

21 Dead Monkeys ?

Ninja Burger ?

Do videos count? I watch The Angry Video Game Nerd when it gets updated.

(Thanks for the Pvt Murphy link Chris, I haven't seen that one in forever!)
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
TheIrishman

Post by TheIrishman »

Used to only read
http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/ on a daily basis but then do to a post on Chris' blog I've added http://questionablecontent.net/ .
Formally the IrateIrishman
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

CByrneIV wrote:I used to read (on the every day list) Wapsi, Sluggy, Goats, College Roomies from Hell, Megatokyo, Sinfest, Schlock Mercenary, Girl Genius, Buck Godot, and Narbonic.

Narbonic and Mac Hall retired (and I'm not a big fan of Mac Halls replacement, 3 panel soul). The Foglios went to weird update schedules for years at a time. I decided that I dislike Pete Abrams enough to stop reading his comic after he alternately insulted, and tried to sleep with, my ex wife; and besides he got repetitive and boring years ago. I just got tired of the rest.
Girl Genius seems to have a fairly Regular schedule these days(MWF), and I got sick of Goats cheapshots at Republicans(seriously, Republicans for Voldemort?)

Schlock Mercenary -well, Howard used my username for a story arc, nuff said. :D
Sinfest, seems to be hit or miss. lately it's been pretty good, with one of the devilgirls having an attack of concience, which seems to have started with a conversation with the strips resident nebbish, Criminy. Apparently Ishida is intent on the Geek getting the girl.

Erfworld/OotS I check weekly, I like the story enough to put up with the irregular updating. Erfworld in particular I like for the subtle jabs against pop culture, and Order of the Stick.. Well, It's got Belkar Bitterleaf. What more needs to be said? :mrgreen:

Real Life(I used to be on forums regularly) I still read, as well as Questionable Content(seriously, You got to love an author who not only creates a fictional Death Metal band, BUT THEN GOES OUT AND MAKES MUSIC FOR IT. And it's pretty good!). Something Positive? I became a loyal reader the day he did the coathanger joke. Seriously, anybody that twisted has got to be entertaining. :D

One of my newest finds, is Menage a 3, who's art and storyline reminds me of the old Archie comics.. If "Archie" centered on Canadian Perverts. :lol:

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

CByrneIV wrote:Ok, I hate to thank you for Menage a 3. Best new webcomic I've seen in a long time.
Just one letter makes so much difference...
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

I bought the Buck Godot books years ago. I never knew he was online.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Yeah, Menage a 3 isn't too awful.

Myself, I've been reading Air Force Blues and The Crew Dogs for a while. There's no flightline maintainer comic yet, but give it time.

As for OOTS and Belkar? The next time I lose my shoes running through a muddy IPSC stage, I'm crowning myself a sexy shoeless god of practical shooting.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Belkar and Richard from Looking For Group are probably the two most evil "good guys" in webcomics.

Although neither of them get the award for giving me the most giggles. That goes to Lt. Shor "Pi" Pibald. When you suffer from psychotic megalomania, and have a Boomex fetish, nothing good can come of it. Besides, I want to see if actually can do a brain transplant. :D He rated a special mention in TvTropes page on "Sociopathic Soldiers". This is a man with no explosives training applying 58 times to be the Companys resident explosive expert. The 59th time... And then there's his "ant farm" :shock:

"My Megalomania gives my platoon an edge"

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

The Adventures of Doctor McNinja

I just love this webcomic.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Homestuck is kinda hard to get into, but once you get past the inventory jokes it's fascinating, and addictive.