Do real police/military say "copy that"?

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
skb12172

Re: Do real police/military say "copy that"?

Post by skb12172 »

I've been out of LE for over ten years, but we used 10-4.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Jered

Post by Jered »

How about a 10-Roger?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Navy wise, you never say "copy that". You might say "did you copy my last" if you transmit and they don't answer.

Aye is a vocal command reply and never used on radio coms
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I swear the first time I ever heard anyone say "Do you copy?" was in an episode of Space: 1999.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

We said "copy" or "copy that" a lot in NavAir in th 80's when I rode around doing racetrack patterns sitting sideways in the back of a funny looking plane with a frisbee on top. Usually, as noted above, in relation to confirming info being passed. A lot of codes and confirming words of the day, Azimuth/Range instructions and fuel states going back and forth.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story