The Jack Ryan Series on Amazon

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
toad

The Jack Ryan Series on Amazon

Post by toad »

I was disappointed in this "original" series on Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan character. The first episode smelled of PC . It misstates what was going on in Lebanon's Becca Valley . The Syrians had moved in and set up heavy air defenses and the Israelis launched an air attack that took them out.
They are making the residents of the valley to be the poor victims of the air raid and trying to play the sympathy card for all its worth. The Ryan character to me at least, comes across as kind of wimpy. I'm not going to bother with the rest of the series.
Weetabix

Re: The Jack Ryan Series on Amazon

Post by Weetabix »

Drat. I was looking forward to John Krazzyynnsskyii (or whatever) mugging for the camera when he made fun of Dwight.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

OTOH, it does seem to have gotten sand in the lady bits of the folks at Vanity Fair for such things as "masculine American heroism" and "white male entitlement." https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/09/0 ... ntitlement
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

FWIW, Kevin Baker (Smallest Minority) liked it.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!