AK-GT? Kalashnikov Electric Car

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
skb12172

AK-GT? Kalashnikov Electric Car

Post by skb12172 »

I think it looks like a bad guy car from the Connery era Bond movies.

Is Car, Is Drive!
In Soviet Russia, Electric Car Drive YOU!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/24/russias ... =social_fb
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
g-man

Re: AK-GT? Kalashnikov Electric Car

Post by g-man »

Technical aspects aside, I think it at least looks good. Getting inspiration from the past (rather than being ruled entirely by the car's profile in a wind tunnel) is the thing which could really vault electrics forward toward widespread adoption.

The more I think about restoring another old Galaxie, the more I think it'd be cool to outfit a second one as an EV. Save 800lbs by eliminating the motor and transmission, and then spread the battery pack out to optimize weight distribution.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Well, maybe it won't emit as much blue smoke as the old E.German Trabants, but it sure looks like an updated Trabi....
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Seeing that car made me think of this. :lol:
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

g-man wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:42 pmThe more I think about restoring another old Galaxie, the more I think it'd be cool to outfit a second one as an EV. Save 800lbs by eliminating the motor and transmission, and then spread the battery pack out to optimize weight distribution.
The Neil Young plan (LincVolt), more or less.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!