Matt "Guitar" Murphy - RIP

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
randy

Matt "Guitar" Murphy - RIP

Post by randy »

Age 88

The main reason I enjoy the whole Blues Brothers shtick is the quality of the musicians Akroyd an Belushi got to back them up, leading me to investigate and appreciate work I would never have gotten from the Pop 40/College party/AOR stations that predominated where I lived in the early 80's.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Re: Matt "Guitar" Murphy - RIP

Post by First Shirt »

Yeah, even their "amateurs" were pretty damn good!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Damn, thats anothe of the blues brothers band gone. The Duck, Mr Fabulous, and Joliet Jake...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Well, crud. Went out with a heck of a resume, though. Rest in the arms of the Lord, Mr. Murphy.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!