Civilian Anti Disclosure agreements?

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
toad

Civilian Anti Disclosure agreements?

Post by toad »

Weinstein going tits up in the social media and the birth of the #MeToo meme has gotten a lot of publicity. It is somewhat strange to me because the "casting couch" has long been a meme in Show Business. I remember reading Shirley Temple Black saying that after she became a teenager , she was warned that if she had an appoint with a certain studio head and he was wearing house slippers instead of shoes, she should be prepared to run around the desk a few times until he ran out wind before talking business.
There were rumors that some people with influence of casting were doing underage boys and girls with their parents knowledge of it.

Weinstein's bigest mistake was apparenly getting it on paper that his company , not him personally, would pay for his pruchases of silence from women he "had". He had NDA's from his company and the "actresses" that got "leaked" . I don't know, but I suspect that his downfall came because he kissed up to the Chinese and bad mouthed Trump. A time after that his modus got leaked and the lawyers descended upon him and his NDA's became part of "disclosure"
Windy Wilson

Re: Civilian Anti Disclosure agreements?

Post by Windy Wilson »

Connie DuToit mentioned this in an essay about her mother being an agent for actors. Not to speak ill of the dead, but she said Jack Klugman was known to regularly avail himself of that privilege.
And there are a LOT of politicians who have kissed up to the Chinese. Di Fi had a Chinese spy on her payroll for years, apparently to make sure she was playing straight with them.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
toad

Re: Civilian Anti Disclosure agreements?

Post by toad »

" The actress was so dumb she thought a casting couch was what you set up by a fishing spot. " And: "She slept her way to the middle . "