School Me On Ringo

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
MiddleAgedKen

Re: School Me On Ringo

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

The Last Centurion was really good.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I just bought The Last Centurian. Book report to follow.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

skb12172 wrote:Isn't the last centurion part of the Troy rising series?
No, it's not part of any series. Not sure what caused him to write it, but I really enjoyed it.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
randy

Post by randy »

Steamforger wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed the Posleen series and would also add Yellow Eyes to that list.

Watch on the Rhine was a good read despite intensely disliking some of the characters.
I didn't include them as they weren't straight Ringo, but Ringo/Kratman collaborations (talk about a combination guaranteed to cause SJW heads to explode! :twisted: ).

Still good and enjoyable IMHO, but not what the OP was asking. And I think they are better to read after the basic 4 I listed.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I keep wanting to do a bunch of short stories based on the idea that the earth the Posleen try to invade are settings from other sources of fiction - the MCU, Fifth Imperium, and Girl Genius settings would be hilarious. The Make a wish verse would be just cruel. :twisted:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

First Shirt wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Isn't the last centurion part of the Troy rising series?
No, it's not part of any series. Not sure what caused him to write it, but I really enjoyed it.
Wasn't it published around the first time the specter of a Hillary Milhous Rodham regime slouched toward Bethlehem, along with the apparent possibility that bird flu would turn into something Really Bad?
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Yeah, and about the time people started realizing that global warming wasn't happening, too.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom