Current events that make me think of movies

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Weetabix

Current events that make me think of movies

Post by Weetabix »

Not sure if it's life imitating art or art imitating life:

The LV shooting = Arlington Road? The movie description won't make it clear if you haven't seen the movie, but it ends up that there's a secret group that sets up individuals to take the fall for their mass killings. "He was a quiet guy who started acting erratically lately."

Tangi being Tangi. Nothing ever changes. = Training Day?

Anyone else feeling like this? Maybe I watch too many conspiracy movies. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Steamforger

Re: Current events that make me think of movies

Post by Steamforger »

Not to add fuel to your fire, but Tangipahoa also produced what is largely suspected of being the inspiration for True Detective's first season.

I knew the Deputy arrested there as well. I was told about an interesting conversation my best friend had with him over breakfast at the end of a shift one night. Labatt asked him what his religion was. When my friend replied "Mormon", Labatt just kind of stared off into space and said something like "You need a new religion". After that, my friend always perceived this guy as a bit off, but there was never anything you could quite put your finger on.

Incidentally, Michael Thiel, the defense attorney in the article, is also serving 2.5 years for tax evasion. Tangi is a weird and violent place. I'd be much happier if my folks finally moved out of there.
MiddleAgedKen

Re: Current events that make me think of movies

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Never saw Arlington Road, but I remember The Parallax View.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!