Histrionic Mom Goes 3rd World. To Hell With The Kids - Link Fixed

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
skb12172

Histrionic Mom Goes 3rd World. To Hell With The Kids - Link Fixed

Post by skb12172 »

I'm glad it worked for her, but she sounds a bit histrionic. Automatic weapons have not been used in any school shootings. Plus, there are medical and other concerns she didn't take into account. Honestly, given her concerns, she could have researched some remote places in Small Town, USA and gotten the same benefits with none of the potential drawbacks.

To say nothing of her smug arrogance. "Most people couldn't find it on a map." Whatever. I'll compare IQ and World Knowledge with her any time.

http://theweek.com/articles/703660/move ... -ever-made
Last edited by skb12172 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Re: Histrionic Mom Goes 3rd World. To Hell With The The Kids

Post by Netpackrat »

There is nothing at that link except ads for a bunch of overpriced shit for homos.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Link fixed. I clicked on one of the ad links the first time.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Re: Histrionic Mom Goes 3rd World. To Hell With The Kids - Link Fixed

Post by Netpackrat »

Riiiiight....
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

All the things she mentioned are reflection of parenting skills.

She needed to find a village to raise her children, because she's so bad at it.

As shitty and passive a parent as she is, her kids probably really are better off. But then, she could have done as well or better in *gasp* flyover country.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

She also failed to reflect that if things go pear-shaped in Ecuador, her family is going to have an immense bulls-eye on it.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Greg

Post by Greg »

I also had a good laugh about Ecuador.

[spoiler]I have an ex-gf who was born in Ecuador. Her mom moved herself and her 3 kids from Ecuador to LA to escape her husband (my ef-gf's father, of course). Despite the husband being moderately wealthy, being a poor single mother in LA was seen as preferable. It was hinted to me that he had molested one or more of the kids.

As I said, 3 kids. Oldest boy, then a girl, then a youngest boy. The oldest was a grade school teacher in LA. And apparently a child molester. (When your gf tells you her older brother is probably a child molester..... Hmmmm.) Younger brother was, when I was involved with middle child, in HS and already wildly sexually promiscuous. Gay, of course. Being that promiscuous that young is, to me, a sign of extreme damage including being a product of childhood sexual abuse.

Middle sister was of above average intelligence, going to a very good college and intending to be a lawyer. And SMOKING hot. I mean just absurdly hot. Like mind altering. I was with her like 6 months before I just couldn't take the crazy anymore, it didn't matter how hot she was.

So, yes, Ecuador.[/spoiler]
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jered

Post by Jered »

Yep. Sounds like she's a bad parent.

If your kid wants something, tell him, "Figure out a way to get money to buy it. Don't beg from me."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

We had 5 or 6 exchange students from Ecuador when I was in school. All of them were trying to figure out how to stay here permanently.