Dear Lord:Mangina Alert!

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Weetabix

Re: Dear Lord:Mangina Alert!

Post by Weetabix »

If he really wants to show he's sorry, he should get himself neutered. I'll kick in.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I dunno, man. From his writing he seems pretty neutered already.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Because if a cis-gendered male actually ENJOYS something, there must be something wrong with it. He should come by my place when I have the grill fired up some time, cow meat over the flames and bottle of beer in hand.

The rules are:

1) If I catch you mixing my single malt with anything but a SMALL amount of ice or a SMALL amount of water, I will SKIN you.

2) If you ask for your steak more well done than "medium" you're getting a grilled chicken breast.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

MarkD wrote:
2) If you ask for your steak more well done than "medium" you're getting a grilled chicken breast.

A few years ago I had three couples over for a BBQ to celebrate a personal milestone in one buddy's life. I splurged on Prime Ribeyes for everyone. One of my other buddies brought over his first date post-divorce. She seemed nice enough. Now, my friends all know how seriously I take my grilling and their jaws about hit the table when she asked for hers well-done. She got a hamburger... well-done. That was also their last date.

I'll be damned if I am going to turn a $25 cut of finely marbled cow into a piece of shoe leather.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

rightisright wrote:
MarkD wrote:

A few years ago I had three couples over for a BBQ to celebrate a personal milestone in one buddy's life. I splurged on Prime Ribeyes for everyone. One of my other buddies brought over his first date post-divorce. She seemed nice enough. Now, my friends all know how seriously I take my grilling and their jaws about hit the table when she asked for hers well-done. She got a hamburger... well-done. That was also their last date.

I'll be damned if I am going to turn a $25 cut of finely marbled cow into a piece of shoe leather.
My wife and I went on a cruise last Spring with another couple and one night we ate in the ship-board steak house. The other couple both ordered Filet Mignon, well done. My wife said she could see me shudder.

Why anyone would take a nice hunk of cow and dry it out and make it tasteless is beyond me. I realize that some people don't like beef like I do (IOW would respond to CPR), but c'mon, leave a LITTLE pink.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Jericho941 wrote:It's Salon.

You need to find a healthier way to indulge your masochism, man. :lol:
Word.
When one goes to the literary equivalent of the Blue Oyster Club, and notes a plethora of metrosexuals and assorted snappy dressers swapping spit and dancing cheek to cheek to Liberace's Greatest Hits with nary a female in the place, a direct and rapid exit is in order.

When one returns there after the first time, it's fair to say they are "cruising".
Indignation isn't even on the menu.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
randy

Post by randy »

MarkD wrote: I realize that some people don't like beef like I do (IOW would respond to CPR),
A buddy of mine used to order his steaks with a mallet and a roll of TP. Knock the horns off, wipe it's ass and it's done.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Someone posted the article to Facefark.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
randy

Post by randy »

skb12172 wrote:Someone posted the article to Facefark.
Which means.....? Not familiar with that particular bit of interwebbery.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Here's the cherry on this shit-Sundae for me. He ends by saying:
Of course, having all this context doesn’t stop me from grilling, or from enjoying myself when I do.
Which is BULLSHIT, 'cause at the beginning he writes:
I hate how much I love to grill. It’s not that I’m inclined to vegetarianism or that I otherwise object to the practice itself. But I’m uncomfortable with the pleasure I take in something so conventionally masculine
I wonder if the wimp-training, PC-brainwashing he underwent to even think "I hate how much I love this" was really worth all the sex he's getting or not getting. Seriously, there's a short list of things one rightly should think "I hate how much I love this". Incest, pedophilia, rape, and torturing animals should be on that list. Grilling/barbecuing should not.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia