Larry Correia Fisks the NYT

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
skb12172

Re: Larry Correia Fisks the NYT

Post by skb12172 »

I laughed my ass off. Especially the Leviticus and closing comments. :lol:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote:My wife doesn't like the way I shop for myself.
Hmm, this may partly explain my lack of SO.

You know, Redwings, Carhartts and Walmart Tshirts. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

I was smiling at this until the Leviticus bit, at which point I lost my shit. Doesn't matter how old-fashioned one may be, laughing until tears squeak out is still okay.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
toad

Post by toad »

I'm put in mind of the Saturday Night Live skit in which Michael Palin serves on the good ship, "Raging Queen."
Can't find an actual video but here is a transcript.
http://neversealand.downtothesea.org/20 ... ael-palin/

I can see our 21st Century New York Times Manly Man heading down to the men's room at the buss station to offer "comfort."
randy

Post by randy »

toad wrote:I'm put in mind of the Saturday Night Live skit in which Michael Palin serves on the good ship, "Raging Queen."
Ah yes, "Manly Men doing Manly things with Men!"

When I was at CINCPAC HQ. Army and AF guys didn't work that into conversations with our Navy counterparts. Nope. Not us! :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

randy wrote: Ah yes, "Manly Men doing Manly things with Men!"
In tight tights?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
toad

Post by toad »

MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Didn't our old friend Kim write something along these lines YEARS ago?

As I've noted before, my first real adult girlfriend was a girl I met in college who was a Women's Studies major, so I've heard a bellyfull of this bullshit. Perhaps the feminists want men like this douche they can walk all over in exchange for an occasional poke, but most women (my wife included) want a man who makes them feel safe and secure and can take care of shit when things go a little (or a lot) sideways.

Sorry, my wife gets a vote on how I comport myself as a man, some dillweed who writes for the NY Times doesn't.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

MarkD wrote:Didn't our old friend Kim write something along these lines YEARS ago?

As I've noted before, my first real adult girlfriend was a girl I met in college who was a Women's Studies major, so I've heard a bellyfull of this bullshit. Perhaps the feminists want men like this douche they can walk all over in exchange for an occasional poke, but most women (my wife included) want a man who makes them feel safe and secure and can take care of shit when things go a little (or a lot) sideways.

Sorry, my wife gets a vote on how I comport myself as a man, some dillweed who writes for the NY Times doesn't.
I remember that. The subject was also touched upon in Jimmy The Bartender's Guide To Life. He said the wife of the man in question would be whining about what a little bitch he was to her friends, coworkers, hairdresser, and eventually to her boyfriend, if you take his meaning. :lol:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

If your list of things to be a manly-man exceeds the number of fingers you have to list them off, you're doing it wrong. There's a reason folks talk about following the 10 commandments instead of the 637-whatever Levitical laws. KISS principle, your list of manly things should be concise enough to list off with the fingers your have. Best if on one hand.

Men and melon ballers - unless your job/hobby includes food prep or torture, you're generally never going to need to care about a melon baller. Mostly you're going to care about the melon baller when your woman does, as in "honey, where's the melon baller?" "It's in the sink awaiting washing/drying rack/dishwasher/random kitchen tools drawer/[strike]with the rest of your Dexter kit[/strike]".

manliness & soda - NYT writer needs to have his Dr. Pepper drinking privileges revoked for this. You sir, should be sentenced to drinking Tab and Fresca....forever! Mt. Dew has high caffeine and sugar content, things needed to keep you awake when you're doing manly stuff at the wee hours of the morning, or when you need to stay awake after doing manly things into the wee hours of the morning. Like what you like, and don't give people (overly) much grief for liking what they like.

manliness & steak - even imposing rules for manliness regarding the enjoyment of steak is pedantic and un-manly. You're eating steak! I don't think there is an unmanly way to eat steak. Who cares if you like to trim the fat? Maybe you're on a diet, maybe you just want to rip your teeth into meat instead of chewy fat. Who cares, it's STEAK! Only way it gets manlier is if they wrap your 16 oz cut of meat in bacon.

manliness & the wife's clothes - your safest bet is in just knowing what brands your woman likes. That way you can get her gift cards to the places she likes, or pay for the shopping trips there. Trying to remember your wife's size can be problematic, since women's sizes don't seem to be as standardized between brands like men's fashions are. She might be a size 8 at Store S while Store V she may be more a 9. Whatever. Buying clothes for the wife is risky anyways, because most manly men will admit their woman has better fashion sense than them, and buying clothes presumes you know fashion-wise what your wife will like. There are certain exceptions -sports team shirts, band shirts, funny shirts, etc- but mostly it's risky buying clothes for your wife.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia