Age of Ultron

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
HTRN

Age of Ultron

Post by HTRN »

Anybody else seen it? No spoilers, but James Spader as Ultron was an interesting way to go - he basically stole every scene he was in. Imagine Alan Shore as a homicidal robot.. :lol:

Biggest disappointment was the Hulk scenes. Somehow, they seemed to fall a little flat. Wanted to see Hulk do a repeat with Ultron, what he did to Loki in the first film. But it didn't happen.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Re: Age of Ultron

Post by Weetabix »

I haven't seen it yet. I don't go to big movies on the first week because I hate people. But I intend to see it because... Avengers.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I'll try to go to the sort of movies I want them to make more of as early as possible. Vote with feet and denaro.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
George guy

Post by George guy »

"Multiplying like a Catholic rabbit"

I lol'd.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The thing that had me laughing my ass off was in the beginning of the movie, and was said by a nameless extra..

Iron man(after shooting in the knees a bunch of nameles HYDRA mooks)"Good talk"
Nameless HYDRA mook, in obvious pain "No it wasn't"
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Lots of good line in this one. I laughed a lot.

A couple of the fight scenes were filmed too frantically for my taste. I wished I were at home so I could rewind and play back in slow motion to see what just happened. One of the middle big fight scenes was too long for my taste, but hey - you have to make the movie a bit too long somehow, and a fight scene is easier to write than dialogue, right?

[spoiler]When they took Ultron's new body and brought it to life, with not-really-Jarvis in it, I missed his name. Did we hear that?

I really liked the looks on Thor's face when Captain America budged the hammer and when not-really-Jarvis handed it to him.[/spoiler]

I'd see it again.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix wrote:Lots of good line in this one. I laughed a lot.

A couple of the fight scenes were filmed too frantically for my taste. I wished I were at home so I could rewind and play back in slow motion to see what just happened. One of the middle big fight scenes was too long for my taste, but hey - you have to make the movie a bit too long somehow, and a fight scene is easier to write than dialogue, right?

[spoiler]When they took Ultron's new body and brought it to life, with not-really-Jarvis in it, I missed his name. Did we hear that?

I really liked the looks on Thor's face when Captain America budged the hammer and when not-really-Jarvis handed it to him.[/spoiler]

I'd see it again.
His name was "Vision" - in this case coming from him being Ultron's vision of what he should become, but the back story for the original character was different and in the original version he was given that name by the Wasp (who is not even a character in the movies).

Although he was created by Ultron in the originals but changes sides and joins the Avengers - so that part follows the original story. However, the comic version of Ultron was invented by Hank Pym (AKA Ant Man, who was an original Avenger in the comics).

Yes, I was a comic book geek up until middle school or so. (but only Marvel, DC sucks)
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Vonz90 wrote:Yes, I was a comic book geek up until middle school or so. (but only Marvel, DC sucks)
I was a recreational dabbler until about that age, and I agree.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Marvel over DC?

Blasphemy!

I hope that they don't punt the Ant Man movie. It could be awesome, but all of the trailers look dumb. He doesn't get super-strength when he gets small, he maintains his same strength when he shrinks, and it grows with him up to whatever size he picks (or something).
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

So does this mean Tony Stark/Iron Man isn't going to be in any of the Marvel phase 3 stuff? If that's the case, I've just lost a 3rd of the incentive I have to see anymore of these movies.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia