Fandom groups

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Cybrludite

Fandom groups

Post by Cybrludite »

Given the geek factor in these parts, I figured that I'd start a thread for folks to brag on the fandom groups they belong to.

Baen Barflies: Occasionally on the forums, but mostly on Facebook. A very informal group of folks who like the only publisher out there who focuses more on your actual writing than your politics. In either direction. (They publish both Oh John Ringo No and Eric "the Red" Flint)

The Royal Manticoran Navy: Speaking of Baen authors, yes, there's a group of folks who show up at cons dressed in uniforms from David Weber's "Honor Harrington" series. We've just formed a chapter here; HMS Barbarosa, DD-551. (Yes, I know what happens to this ship in the books... Biiiiiig ba-da-boom!)

S.P.R.O.C.K.E.TS: Fans of a local band of mad scientists bent on TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.