Books, Books, Books - Updated - with prices

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Rumpshot

Books, Books, Books - Updated - with prices

Post by Rumpshot »

Over the week, while I was at the Western National Shoot, I acquired a selection of used books. Some of which I would expect some of you guys to be interested in. There are typos. I have not yet priced the books. Not all of them will be available for purchase. A partial list follows:

Second Edition Schuetzen Rifles History and Loadings by Gerald D. Kelver $65.00
Copyright 1984

[strike]Safari Rifles by Craig Boddington $70.00[/strike] HTRN - shipped
Copyright 1990, minor wear on dust jacket, used - like new condition

Holland and Holland Limited Gun And Rifle Manufacturers Grand Prix Paris 1900 $100.00
Reprint 1990

Savage And Stevens Arms And History by Bill West $300.00
Copyright 1971, First Edition

[strike]British Sporting Rifle Cartridges A Summary Of Case Types, Head Stamps, And Charge Variations by Bill Fleming
Copyright 1993[/strike] SOLD Amazon!

The paper jacket by Paul A. Matthews $25.00
Copyright 1991

Encyclopedia of sporting firearms by David E. PETZAL $5.00
Copyright 1991

[strike]Fourth edition hornaday handbook of cartridge reloading volume one and volume two
Copyright 1991[/strike] SOLD

[strike]Hatcher’s notebook by Julian S. Hatcher $18.00
Second printing April 1966 copyright 1947[/strike] SOLD

Gunsmithing fundamentals, a guide for professional results by Franklin fry $25.00
Copyright 1988

Gunsmthing tips and projects $35.00
Copyright 1989

Marlin and Ballard firearms and history by bill west $75.00
Copyright 1977

Guns, loads, and hunting tips by bob Hagel $25.00
Copyright 1986

Remington arms in American history by Alden hatch $15.00
Copyright 1956

Jim Carmichael’s book of the rifle by Jim Carmichael $30.00
Copyright 1985, no dust jacket

[strike]The Big Game Rifle by Jack O'Connor $50.00[/strike] Denis
Copyright 1952, Dust Jacket

The Remington historical treasury of American guns by Harold L. Peterson $5.00
copyright 1966

Centerfire American Rifle Cartridges 1892-1963 by Ray Bearse $45.00
Copyright 1966

The American Cartridge, An Illustrated Study of the Rimfire Cartridge in the United States by Charles R. Suydam $45.00
Copyright 1960 third printing 1986

Military small arms ammunition of the world, 1945-1980 by P. Labbett $30.00
Copyright 1980

The Rimfire Cartridge in the United States and Canada 1857-1984 by John L. Barber $200.00
Copyright 1987

Cartridges of the Gras System by Philippe Mention--Christian Ramio translated to English by H. Bernard Malric $50.00
Copyright 1988

Antique ammunition auction number five, Sunday, September 9, 1984
Tillinghast auctioneers

Antique ammunition auction, Saturday July 23, 1983
Tillinghast auctioneers

American Ammo
Selection, use, ballistics by Edward A. Matunis $5.00
Copyright 1989

Notes on Small and Medium Caliber Military Cartridges Vol 1 Cartridges and Projectiles in Drawings and Pictures $100.00
Lenselink, J.- W.D. De Hek
Copyright 1986

[strike]Wildcat Cartridges : Volume II (only) (Paperback) $80.00[/strike] HTRN - shipped
Copyright 1992

United States military small arms, 1816-1865;: The Federal firearms of the Civil War, (Hardcover) by Robert M. Reilly $125.00
Copyright 1970

[strike]Complete Reloading Guide [Paperback] by John Traister, Robert Traister $25.00[/strike] Denis
Copyright 1996

Deer hunters guide to guns, ammo and equipment by Edward a. Matunas $5.00
Copyright 1983

Guns of the wild west, firearms of the American frontier 1849-1917 by George Markham $15.00
Copyright 1991

Buttweiler’s guide to ammunition prices, the complete handbook of values for the collector, second edition compiled by Robert T. Buttweiler

The standard directory of proof marks WWII German ordnance codes by Gerhard Wirnsberger $20.00

Infantry support weapons mortars, missiles and machine guns Greenhill military manuals $20.00
Copyright 1995

Tables of Bullet Performance by Phillip Mannes $70.00
Copyright 1980

The boxer cartridge in the British Service by B. A. Temple $80.00
Copyright 1977

U. S. Metallic center fire rifle cartridges 1860-1960 by C. V. Hamilton
Copyright 1962

Development of the Henry cartridge and self contained cartridges for the toggle-link winchester's by R. Bruce Mcdowell $50.00
Copyright 1984

[strike]DWM cartridges 1896-1956 $120.00[/strike] HTRN - shipped
Copyright 1962

The Rifles, the Cartridges, and the Game (Hardcover) by Clay Harvey $10.00
Copyright 1991

Kynoch Ltd, price list, 1902-3

Price list of guns, rifles, ammunition and sporting goods 1926-1927 Manton and company $100.00
Reprinted by armory publications 1988
Last edited by Rumpshot on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 11 times in total.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Denis

Re: Books, Books, Books

Post by Denis »

Hallo, Rumpshot.

Glad you had a fruitful trip.

If you're parting with them, I would be interested in Hatcher's Notebook, the DWM book, the big game rifle by Jack O'Connor,
and the Complete reloading guide by John E. Traister and Robert J. Traistor.

Happy days!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I too, see several things on that list that caught my attention. Unfortunately, I don't have time right now to type out a long post about what I'm interested in - can it wait till Saturday?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Fourth edition hornaday handbook of cartridge reloading volume one and volume two
Copyright 1991
Let me know how much. (price+shipping).
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Thanks guys. Now I need to arrive at pricing and take a closer look at a couple to see if I will keep or sell. The Mrs. has been pretty good about letting me keep books, but I know I don't make any money that way.

This was a pretty good score, and there are a few more to list. The sad part is the original collection was mostly thrown out with the trash and the finder could only get 3 boxes before they were gone. No telling what could have gone to the dump.

We are looking at rain today, so should get them priced and the list updated today. HTRN, Saturday will probably work out just fine. Doubt I will get much more done than price and prioritize.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Shipping stateside will most likely be media mail. Out of the country I don't know, for Denis and Seekher. I need to research that.

HTRN, the biggest reason for the post was in response to Seekher's post a couple of weeks ago. When I scanned the contents of the boxes, I thought there was a good chance I had some of what he was looking for.

A general comment for the forum. I do not, for the most part, have an account with any of the big on-line sellers, amazon, abe, libris, and etc.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Denis

Post by Denis »

Thanks! I seem to recall there is/was an international printed-matter rate available through the USPS, but I'm not sure. If sending stuff internationally is too much hassle for you, I might impose on the generosity of another member stateside who is kind enough to consolidate various purchases for shipping to me.
Rumpshot wrote:A general comment for the forum. I do not, for the most part, have an account with any of the big on-line sellers, amazon, abe, libris, and etc.
Is it too troublesome for you to get e-mail from forum members when we're searching for something in particular? I for one would much rather do business with a friend than with a stranger.

I buy a lot of books through ABE, because I find their search function nearly turns up the non-mainstream stuff I'm looking for. Living abroad, my local sources of English-language books are limited, to say the least, so I do rely a lot on ABE. Google books is neutered outside the US. Having a Kindle is a great help, but I do like to have reference works on paper, and older titles are often not available as e-books anyway.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Denis, I do like/prefer direct email. If you send a message through the forum, include your email and I will get right back to you with mine. Another option is through the store. Do a quick search on Kathi's books and you will find me.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

First Shirt wrote:
Fourth edition hornaday handbook of cartridge reloading volume one and volume two
Copyright 1991
Let me know how much. (price+shipping).
Email inbound. ~$30.00
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Denis wrote:Hallo, Rumpshot.

Glad you had a fruitful trip.

If you're parting with them, I would be interested in Hatcher's Notebook, the DWM book, the big game rifle by Jack O'Connor,
and the Complete reloading guide by John E. Traister and Robert J. Traistor.

Happy days!
Hatcher's Notebook $18.00
DWM book $120.00
the big game rifle $50.00
Complete reloading guide $25.00

Denis I don't have a ready reference for shipping to Belgium, but guess about 10 lbs plus insurance. Also the Hatcher's Notebook has some insect (termite) damage to the top edge of the back cover, but is in otherwise good condition. The Big Game Rifle is pristine with excellent condition dust jacket. I need a couple days to decide whether I really am willing to part with the Complete Reloading Guide.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona