Elementary of the Dead

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
moose42

Re: Elementary of the Dead

Post by moose42 »

Holy crap... :o

That's a bunch.
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

Looks pretty nice man! I agree, that picture should really come with a story!

If you need a red shirt, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I suppose I could use my RP'ing name:

Ardaln Fatherbane

Weapons of choice:
AR15A2
Jericho941(in 9x19mm)

Professions:
Gunsmith(PreC)/Fix-every-damned-thing-that breaks, aka Handyman(PostC) :lol:
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

Susan. English teacher before. Now stocks the observation points with ammunition, food, and water. Maybe she can't teach anymore because one of her kids got eaten and she's all butthurt over it, and thinks if she's in charge of kids she'll just get more of them killed.

She carries a break-action New England Firearms Pardner in 12 gauge. She calls it Buford after the Sheriff Buford Pusser - like his stick, it works and it hurts. (And, by the way, everything about the weapon is taken from my own shotgun - including its name.)
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
moose42

Post by moose42 »

If you've been looking for another chapter in the epic zombie world saga "Elementary of the Dead" look no further. In this installment you'll find something more dangerous than zombies. ;-)

Enjoy.

Elementary of the Dead Chapter 2
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

Nice man! Did you read the Basic Instructions webcomic for Wednesday? Fits right in. :lol:

Also, the answers to your test:
[spoiler]Math Quiz Name: Mud Dog

1. Jane has 8 rounds of .45acp loaded in her pistol. If she fires 3 bullets at a zombie, how many shots does she have left?

4, unless she has an extra magazine!

2. Kyle found 3 first aid kits while scavenging. If Sue found 3 kits how many do they have together?

4, got to keep one for themselves!

3. Sam ate 2 apples, and Sue ate 1. If they had 10 before a zombie scared them and they dropped 3 how many do they have now?

None, they removed the seeds from the rest to distill them and make cyanide.

4. If a Katana can kill 10 zombies before breaking and a baseball bat can kill 5 more before breaking how many can the bat kill?

17, you can stab the zombie with the sword and bat after they have been broken.

5. If a 12 gauge shotgun shell holds 9 pellets and Bob shoots 2 shells, how many pellets did he fire?

18. Yeah, I got nothing.[/spoiler]
:lol:
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
moose42

Post by moose42 »

Chapter 3 has been posted.

BRAAAAAINNNNS!
--Me

moose42

Post by moose42 »

Hello gang,

Sorry about the delay with this next chapter of Elementary of the Dead. Things have been hectic around chateau Mayner. I had to scramble to get something ready for the next quarter of Writers of the Future. Which ended on September 30th.

If you are an aspiring genre fiction writer you need to do yourself a favor and submit work to the writers of the Future. Seriously a lot of established writers got their start from the contest.

Anyway without further ado I present the latest chapter of Elementary of the Dead: Chapter 4.

Things get a little bumpy.

Enjoy!
--Me

John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

These are great. Thanks for sharing them with us.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

moose42 wrote:I need REDSHIRTS! :twisted:

Give me a name, it doesn't have to be your real one.

Give me a pre contagion profession, and a post contagion one.

And most importantly what firearms your REDSHIRT(tm) uses.

First come first serve.

I need ZDF soldiers, teachers, janitors, you name it.
John Rutherford "Bob" Dobbs. Uses a plain ol' .22 revolver he found from a suitcase in a field.
Pre-contagion profession: salesman; post-contagion profession: preacher, janitor ("Cleaning up waste from people's minds, butts; same difference.")
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia