My current LP record collection

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Jered

Re: My current LP record collection

Post by Jered »

I've got a bunch of dixieland jazz I inherited from my grandma.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Jeffro

Post by Jeffro »

My old belt drive turntable is in the "extra room" with a rotten belt. It keeps my two orange crates full of lp records company.

I've got about seven or eight "Original Master Recording" albums, too, like Little Feat Waiting for Columbus, Pink Floyd The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon, and some others that escape me at the moment.

Is Discwasher still in business? I'd need a refill were I to break out the old classics.
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

Shane
The Quiet Man

Post by The Quiet Man »

mmmmm...Waiting For Columbus...that's some tasty stuff there my friend!!! I have most of the Pink Floyd catalog on vinyl, but not any of the master recordings. I do have a number of MFSL UltraDiscs on CD though...including The Wall and DSOTM. My turntable gave up the ghost a number of years ago...an older Technics belt drive unit...and I haven't replaced it yet. The rest of my system I got back in the late 80s...Carver amp and preamp and a Sony CD player. My speakers are some 80s vintage DCM units that I want to upgrade with some Klipsch towers. Oh well, one thing at a time...
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

All I have right now, I think, is Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. I just recently inherited my console LP player, but Dad inherited all the LPs, so I'm having to dive through thrift store racks to find stuff I like. Herb just sounds so COOL through old tinny electronics.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Joe ex PNG

Post by Joe ex PNG »

And there's that wonderful "*THUMP*scratc-scratch-scratch" when you start playing a record. Or that one pretty much has to listen to the whole album side- yes, one could cue up a favorite track, but it's much easier to just let the thing go from the beginning.