Ham radio this weekend

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
randy

Ham radio this weekend

Post by randy »

Worked my first ARRL DX Phone contest this weekend.

I wasn't "in it to win it" (if nothing else with a modest antenna and no amp, not happening).

Mainly did it to boost my DXCC Phone stats. (and to justify buying the fancy new Heil headset 😎 )

Contacted 35 additional countries this weekend (I only had 11 confirmed, most of my SSB time is chasing POTA).

Didn't work it that hard. A few hours Friday night. A couple of hours at a time with breaks Saturday afternoon and night, and less than an hour on Sunday. Overall a little under 10 hours total.

Now to sit back and wait for (hopefully) LoTW confirmations.
DX Phone log Final Screenshot 2023.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Re: Ham radio this weekend

Post by Weetabix »

Nice work!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jered

Post by Jered »

Nice!
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Looks good!

My antenna got torn up by a falling tree limb thanks to a recent storm, and I just got new wire for it this week. The wire came down and went from nice straight wire to kinked every six inches, and the guy line and shepherd's hook I use to hold the guy line wound up in my neighbor's tree. Retrieving it was an adventure.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds