Cartels making guns

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
HTRN

Cartels making guns

Post by HTRN »

A small cnc machine shop run by one of the cartels for making full auto lowers was busted a few years ago

http://knowledgeglue.com/mexican-drug-c ... king-guns/

Then theres the multi gig "fosscad megapack" floating arounf the intarwebs..

But Charles schmucky schumer is now going on about " ghost guns".

What really strikes me as funny is how the cartels, despite raking in millions, seriously cheaped out on their shop - a lone thrashed Hardinge? They probably spent more on a new set of 20s on one of their escalades. :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Re: Cartels making guns

Post by Langenator »

Yeah, but status signalling to one's peers is important. (That goes for a very, very large segment of humanity, not just narcos.)

In other news, You Can't Stop the Signal.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

I wonder if this small shop was either a trial run or one of several, hence the small investment in equipment.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

My money is on them buying raw forgings and the finish machining the receivers, everything else can be bought easily enough.

If so, think how many the can do in a month.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Heck, the Khyber gunsmiths make AKs with hand tools.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Even if they were making the from solid stock, imagine they were doing over a hundred a month, even with that relic.

In a modern, high horsepower machine with probing, using 80% lowers? I can easily doing a hundred a week, if not more.

randy

Post by randy »

So it looks like the flood of weapons the US and Soviets (+ proxies*) dumped into Central America in the 80's is finally drying up ?

*During the 80's, many M-16's recovered from various commie groups, duly reported by the US media as having been "captured" from US backed governments. They turned out to have serial numbers from lots purchased by the Republic of (South) Vietnam in the 60's.

A batch of H&K G-3's were recovered that had circular holes in their mag wells not part of the standard pattern. Then someone figured out that 1) Cuba was producing license build G-3's, and 2) the circular hole was the same size and in the same location as the production stamp of Cuban produced rifles.

The fact that they were not AKs was touted as "proof" that the Sov Bloc was not supporting the "homegrown" rebel groups.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".