Toyota Prius

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
toad

Toyota Prius

Post by toad »

I've been looking over these tinker toys and I'm a bit impressed. They kind of fit the bill for what I'd want for around town driving. At least the 2005 to 2009 models. After those years the plug changes turns into a nightmare. Replacing the rotors and pads on the front disks brakes is easier than on a Honda. The trick is finding one that is not too high a mileage and has been properly maintained. I like the electric water pump on the generation 4 machines but I don't like the price on them or having to rent garage space somewhere to spend the hours it would take me do the plugs. Too much crap to remove before you can get to the plugs.
Driven properly they can get higher mileage than listed by the manufacturer. There are a couple of independent outfits that specialize on working on them.
Right now I don't even have a driver's license.
I try to research prices and availabilities but I keep getting offers to live chat about it and get me into a car right now. "Please leave your phone number, address, social security number, credit references, yearly net income, blood type, sexual preferences, and a credit card number"

I read that a study in France shows that correcting sleep apnea can lead to an actual recovery of gray matter. This would be good since I feel like I'm missing a pound or two.