Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Weetabix

Re: Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 pm
toad wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:57 pmI wonder how well those front CVC joints would hold up to heavy loads or towing?
The problem with CV joints is the rubber boots crack, particularly in colder weather. Then they lose their grease and gain contaminants, after which they live a very short life.
Meh. Drive it until the clicking in a corner gets to be more than you can stand.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

First Shirt wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:52 pm I've got a 2017 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4. It's got some bells-and-whistles that I don't need, and don't use, but overall, it's a lot of fun to drive, gets great gas mileage (I'm almost 2 MPG over the stated 25 MPG highway mileage) and I haven't gotten it into anything that it can't get out of. It could have better visibility from the driver's seat, and a little more ground clearance, but for the price, there's nothing out there that would work better for what I need.
Holy cow! I have an 08 with the 5.7 and I get 11 MPG on a good week.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

My Ram 1500 with the 5.7 gets close to 20 on the highway at 70mph.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop