Desk Top Waterjet Cutter

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
tfbncc

Desk Top Waterjet Cutter

Post by tfbncc »

Well, this looks interesting. A small desktop waterjet under $5,000. I know that a lot of the members here do small custom work and prototyping and this would simplify a lot of procedures. I can think of several projects I have wanted to do but don't have the money or space required for traditional tools and machinery.

www.wazer.com

Here's a list of videos on youtube showing the prototype in action.

Videos Galore!

Pre-order prices: $4499.00 without stand, $4749.00 with stand.

Now the not so good news. It won't start shipping until December 2017.
Rich Jordan

Re: Desk Top Waterjet Cutter

Post by Rich Jordan »

I'm on kickstarter and have never managed to get them to send me notifications of interesting stuff like this. I always get the 'support our leftist propaganda content creation' stuff...
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Desktop waterjet cutter?

Sliced bread will never be the same!
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I'm probably the most qualified to comment, as im both familiar with waterjets (my company just recently got two new flow hyperjets), AND has seen the Wazer in person.

Its a great idea, easily the second best finished product i saw at maker faire, only surpassed by the Cnc handheld router guys.(hands down the best thing was the ability3d guys, but they're barely out of the alpha prototype stage).

I want a wazer, but not as it currently stands, as it has several major drawbacks:
1)it is severely limited in thickness of material i believe it can only do 3/16 in steel max.
2)the total work area is too small - only 12x18
3)It uses ridiculous amounts of garnet, for a waterjet.this is due to relatively low pressure it operates at (I've heard that its as low as 2000 psi compare that to a hyperjet operating at 90k psi). I suspect they're using an electric pressure washer pump.

What I'm waiting for is for somebody to figure out how to retrofit a cnc router with a waterjet head - a shapeoko XXL with a waterjet would make an excellent product.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt