Light hacking

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
evan price

Re: Light hacking

Post by evan price »

F.lux on my pc worked for 3rd shift... Lot less sleeping problems during the day. Also better diet more exercise and being outside more when i rotate to dayshift midweek. Sun exposure is good in small qtys.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I've gone to blue blocking computer glasses all the time (work and home) along with f.lux.

Gooseneck lamp at my home computer has a red bulb in it now. "Darken Ship! Make Darken Ship reports to CCS."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

The street lamp across the street from my bedroom went from mercury vapor to LED. Now it's very close to daylight pouring into my room at all hours of darkness. I'm going to have to get another army blanket or similar to hang up in my front bedroom window to block out the light that is getting through my supposed blackout curtains. (Hanging a blanket up to block more light is apparently scandalous to women, or at least the ones in my family.) Between total darkness and a CPAP I should be able to get some sleep.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Forget the army banket, and use blackout film
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Which is cheaper?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Aluminum foil.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

First Shirt wrote:Aluminum foil.
+1
randy

Post by randy »

It's certainly the local choice of window coverings to shield their meth labs :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote:
It's certainly the local choice of window coverings to shield their meth labs :mrgreen:
I guess ours are a little more upscale. They use mylar space blankets.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom