Apps Used for Business

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
randy

Re: Apps Used for Business

Post by randy »

As long as it can receive phone calls, it can be tracked through triangulation and signal strength from the cell towers, even without a GPS. Not as precisely, but it can be tracked.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

Which brings a thought. I wonder if there might be a renewed market for one-way pagers, where the towers transmit pages "in the blind" with no transmission from receiver (pager).

I don't know if the current infrastructure supports this anymore, but it would provide a way to be notified of a call and then turn your phone on/remove it from the ESD bag.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
BDK

Post by BDK »

Most likely yes, but w 2G sunset it's a bit more complicated
BDK

Post by BDK »

I certainly wouldn't mind one along w a way to dial into my PBX
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

What a mess. Thanks for the info!

Any additional comments, suggestions, and/or input would be appreciated.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad