Our Engineers And Other Techies Can Probably Relate

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
skb12172

Our Engineers And Other Techies Can Probably Relate

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Re: Our Engineers And Other Techies Can Probably Relate

Post by Greg »

I've worked with many technically competent women. I even married one. I've also worked with women who were in tech jobs without the competence needed.

The good ones act as if concrete results matter more than appearances and feelings, I.e. like (technically competent) men.

The kind of girly girl games the article talks about are far from being restricted to females these days.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

You, reader, put this matter to a test: You are sitting now in your office—six clerks are within your call. Summon any one and make this request: “Please look in the encyclopedia and make a brief memorandum for me concerning the life of Corregio.”
Will the clerk quietly say, “Yes, sir,” and go do the task? On your life, he will not. He will look at you out of a fishy eye, and ask one or more of the following questions:
Who was he?
Which encyclopedia?
Where is the encyclopedia?
Was I hired for that?
Don’t you mean Bismarck?
What’s the matter with Charlie doing it?
Is he dead?
Is there any hurry?
Shan’t I bring you the book and let you look it up yourself?
What do you want to know for?
And I will lay you ten to one that after you have answered the questions, and explained how to find the information, and why you want it, the clerk will go off and get one of the other clerks to help him find Garcia - and then come back and tell you there is no such man. Of course I may lose my bet, but according to the Law of Average, I will not.
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Ayup... aligns with my experiences.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I'm thinking I read that somewhere recently in Nock.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D