Yet another Airbus crash.

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Netpackrat

Re: Yet another Airbus crash.

Post by Netpackrat »

If true, this should come as no surprise to anyone here:

http://universalfreepress.com/report-ge ... ert-islam/#
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The latest is that he concealed/lied about psychiatric care and absences, and serious depressive issues.

It sounds like he just opted for the "fuck you all, I'm taking everyone out when I go" approach, and when presented with the opportunity, simply executed his plan -- and everyone on the plane.

And depending on tort limits in Euristan, I suspect Lufthansa is going to eat half a billion or more in lawsuits for negligence.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Netpackrat wrote:If true, this should come as no surprise to anyone here:

Gonna need a bit more evidence than that to convince me that this guy was anything other than suicidal and depressed.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Kommander wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:If true, this should come as no surprise to anyone here:

Gonna need a bit more evidence than that to convince me that this guy was anything other than suicidal and depressed.
Isn't that site a bit like Alex Jones, etc? Take their reports with a grain....err, shaker of salt?
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Termite wrote:
Kommander wrote:Gonna need a bit more evidence than that to convince me that this guy was anything other than suicidal and depressed.
Isn't that site a bit like Alex Jones, etc? Take their reports with a grain....err, shaker of salt?
Could be, I dunno. Would have checked it against "the list" but I don't think that survived the purge. I never said it was convincing in and of itself. But as we all know, no matter what the murderer's motivation, there will be a push to classify it as anything but terrorism, even if he went to his death shouting Aloha Snackbar. So it's worth examining all reports before they get memory-holed.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

His possible conversion to Islam is being reported elsewhere, including at Gatewaypundit. Jerry Pournelle has quite a bit about it at his Chaos Manor blog as well.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I've also seen some speculation that the reported health issue may have been something that would have grounded him.

Termite

Post by Termite »

Netpackrat wrote:I've also seen some speculation that the reported health issue may have been something that would have grounded him.
I'm fairly sure a lot of psych meds would.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Termite wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:I've also seen some speculation that the reported health issue may have been something that would have grounded him.
I'm fairly sure a lot of psych meds would.
We have this issue here:

Can't function without meds but can't work ON meds = no meds, I'm working
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

In a late-breaking development, NBC News has announced that despite the crash, Brian Williams survived.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"