TV Sound Bar

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
308Mike

TV Sound Bar

Post by 308Mike »

My wife and I are looking to get a sound bar for our large-screen plasma TV. Our regular speakers are WAY underpowered and without significant depth for our living room.

If you have already researched Sound Bars for flat-screen TVs, PLEASE give me the low-down on which ones are a good buy, and which ones are shit (and/or which ones we should consider buying)!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
blackeagle603

Re: TV Sound Bar

Post by blackeagle603 »

Got a Samsung one a couple years ago at Costco. I'm not too picky but am quite pleased with it. I pulled out a really nice Onkyo surround sound system and like this better -- though that's probably because of my hearing aides. The surround sound had some much going on I couldn't focus on the actual voice/center channel.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

blackeagle603 wrote:Got a Samsung one a couple years ago at Costco. I'm not too picky but am quite pleased with it. I pulled out a really nice Onkyo surround sound system and like this better -- though that's probably because of my hearing aides. The surround sound had some much going on I couldn't focus on the actual voice/center channel.
Of course, buying things at COSTCO have their own benefits, but we want to get the best bang-for-the-buck (vs Wal-Mart). We're just looking to try and replace my crashed stereo sound system after my speaker cones got burned out - and that was really a VERY SAD DAY)!!!

So, now I have a couple of speakers which need to have their cones rebuilt - but we are still suffering from a lack of decent sound from our TV - especially when playing movies!!

We'll have to look at what they are currently selling prior to making our purchase (and I ALWAYS save ALL the packing material in case we need to take it back to COSTCO).

COSTCO is a GREAT place to buy stuff, but once in a while, SO IS WAL-MART!!!

We just want to ensure we're getting the best equipment for the best price. But we also DO NOT want to buy crap!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
rightisright

Post by rightisright »