GEN 1 Night Vision

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Aesop

Re: GEN 1 Night Vision

Post by Aesop »

workinwifdakids wrote:You missed your calling writing Hallmark cards.
:lol:
I wanted it for much the same reason you bought yours. I don't need any more than "movement of human-like figure at 100 yards," but it sounds like it won't even do that! If so, how do they get away with it? Ugh - I am NOT spending $1k or more, but I'm not going to buy trash, either.

I can only imagine your scenario, though: "Jesucristo, amigos! Estan hasta AQUI con los coyotes!" "Como sabes?" "Pues..." /ironically-timed volley of shitty gear engulfed in flames lights up the night sky like a scene from Monty Python/
I strained a muscle resisting the urge to send Bushnell a 50# bag of [strike]bullshi[/strike] rose fertilizer parcel post, and suggest they sell it as Gen 1 nightvision, as it would be impossible to tell the difference.
I only stopped myself because I was afraid they'd do it.

My free advice, worth exactly what you're paying for it, is that if you want NV, save up small amounts over time, until you can buy the genuine article.
Morovision sells quality product, and you can even will-call it from their location in Dana Point to save shipping, or risking it to the gentle handling of the box-tossers at UPS and FedEx.
Their MV-300 Gen 2+ goes for $2K, and compared to not having it, is worth its weight in gold.

There are any number of other places that sell it as well. Stick to new American-made, high-line count items.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
NVGdude

Re: GEN 1 Night Vision

Post by NVGdude »

tcourtplayer wrote:So as a follow up, what manufacturers out there are worth looking at for ndv scopes?
Honestly does not matter. None of the "Scope" manufacturers make their own I-squared tubes.

You want a Gen III tube from ITT or L-3, or a Gen II tube from Photonis.