The perils of outsourcing

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
toad

The perils of outsourcing

Post by toad »

Big Company A wants to improve "the bottom" line so it outsources the tech support for bunch of their legacy mini and mid size computers so they get Company B to do it. Company B finds enough software and hardwire people who have experience on these so things go OK for some years.
Company B however wants to improve the bottom line and they've heard about out of country outsourcing. So before they lay off in the US they get their US employees to online train the foreign employees at Company C. This is fun because it turns out the foreign company has German Language keyboards. Then the real fun part begins when the biggest customer of Company A turns out to be the Federal Government and in particular various DOD groups. They are not amused when they find out they are giving online access to someplace in Bunbang Egypt.
"Allah Akbar, What did you mess up this time infidel."
BobbyK

Re: The perils of outsourcing

Post by BobbyK »

I believe this is called a "Resume Generating Event"
Greg

Post by Greg »

Which is why I have such good job security. (I work for a US tech company, on a contract looking after systems that the US gov't wants looked after by Americans.)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
toad

Post by toad »

The person that I heard this story from has since been recalled to keep the Fed's sweet. Apparently visions of swat teams raiding were danced through some CFO's heads.