"Nanotech" and a needed shift in view point

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Aglifter

"Nanotech" and a needed shift in view point

Post by Aglifter »

This is interesting, and quite an achievement I'm sure... But, the most basic bacteria* does it a few... well, probably billion, but insert your favorite large number, times an hour... So, why not embrace it?

As basic research, building patterns atom by atom is great, but it seems like the inherent idea of "we must fully, and completely understand all aspects of a process" Essentially, it's a really, really precise means of stacking bricks.

It seems like a huge leap could come from abandoning the requirement to fully control, and understand all aspects of a process, and... I'm having a hard time expressing it... but, essentially, learn to use existing tools, in the form of biotech, and if those tools are a bit sloppy, allow it into the design -- esp. given that you're atomic bricklayer will have it's own reliability problems...

* I realize biotech is my personal "hammer" when looking for nails...

Of course, bacteria is the original "grey goo" so that would have to be accepted as well...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Jericho941

Re: "Nanotech" and a needed shift in view point

Post by Jericho941 »

I'm okay with it, but only if my Codec code never gets publicly listed.

"Jericho, it looks like you've found an AR-15. The AR-15 was originally designed by Eugene Stoner in 19-"
"Shut up, I know!"
"Do you think that love can bloom, even on the battlefield?"
"No."
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock. I need scissors! 61!"
"We seriously need a national do-not-codec-call list."
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

Jericho941 wrote:I'm okay with it, but only if my Codec code never gets publicly listed.

"Jericho, it looks like you've found an AR-15. The AR-15 was originally designed by Eugene Stoner in 19-"
"Shut up, I know!"
"Do you think that love can bloom, even on the battlefield?"
"No."
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock. I need scissors! 61!"
"We seriously need a national do-not-codec-call list."
ROFL!

Your's will be on the back of the CD case. Seriously, no one will ever find it there.
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
George guy

Post by George guy »

Mud_Dog wrote: ROFL!

Your's will be on the back of the CD case. Seriously, no one will ever find it there.
Sure, and I've got a man-sized cardboard box in San Francisco to sell you.

May have been used once in a gay pride parade.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'