Modifying a wii to use for training.

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Aglifter

Modifying a wii to use for training.

Post by Aglifter »

My brother played w. a Wii the other day. Apparently, a James Bond first person shooter is coming out. We were thinking about using a full-size double action gun, and modifying the controller so that when the trigger comes back fully, it would press a button, and "fire".

Aside from violating the 4 rules, any other problems/suggestions?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Mud_Dog

Re: Modifying a wii to use for training.

Post by Mud_Dog »

Aglifter wrote:My brother played w. a Wii the other day. Apparently, a James Bond first person shooter is coming out. We were thinking about using a full-size double action gun, and modifying the controller so that when the trigger comes back fully, it would press a button, and "fire".

Aside from violating the 4 rules, any other problems/suggestions?
The Wii Zapper not doing it for ya?

Yeah, it looks dumb to me too. Although I played RE:Umbrella Chonicles with my friends and I think I would have ended up with carpal tunnel if I played any longer. Maybe this would have helped out a little bit, though it would probably be harder to use the other buttons.
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
Jericho941

Re: Modifying a wii to use for training.

Post by Jericho941 »

Plus given the location of the Wiimote sensor you'd probably have some serious issues with sight offset. I know I did with Umbrella Chronicles and a vanilla controller.