Got a Kindle!

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
blackeagle603

Re: Got a Kindle!

Post by blackeagle603 »

Good to get your perspective. Was wondering how it stacked up to the "12:00" test.

i.e. Would someone like my wife who would forever leave the VCR flashing "12:00" be inclined to use it. Sounds like a safe bet. Will put it on the "rainy day in the doghouse cause I bought a new gun" gift list.

Also, have a vested financial intere$t in the Kindle succeeding wildly (it's "Qualcomm inside"). The processor and EV-DO modem is a Qualcomm MSM.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Alcibiades

Re: Got a Kindle!

Post by Alcibiades »

Foxit is releasing a rebranded eInk reader, the Foxit eSlick. The price is supposed to be $259 (or $229 during the special pre-order period). However, it only accepts TXT and PDF documents and lacks the WiFi and other features of the Kindle. Conveniently, it is packaged with Foxit's PDF creation software...

I think I'll wait to see Plastic Logic's pricing for their reader.