Educable Obama voter??

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Dedicated_Dad

Educable Obama voter??

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

When I pulled up to the HW store today, there's a guy in front of me with his truck plastered with "Dear Leader" stickers.

While browsing the pins and drill-bits looking for the part I needed, I caught his eye. I pointed out (as I had the staff when I came in) that it was a stripped frame, not a "pistol" in my hand. He laughed and struck up a conversation.

Turns out he's a Brit import, via Canuckistan, and his Daddy built cannon for Canada when he was a kid - he talked about watching them bury the Bbl. castings and bore them out with a well-drilling rig... Guy clearly knew his stuff.

We traded e-mail addys - I think I made a new friend. I'll prolly invite him in, warning him that his political-leanings won't be met with much favor but I hope we can bring him to the light.

I think this one's educable...

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
308Mike

Re: Educable Obama voter??

Post by 308Mike »

Since he's changed environs, he's probably more open-minded now than if he was back where he felt far more comfortable. So he may be willing to listening to logic and reason instead of rhetoric. You can now also point out the latest objective analysis and bill up in Canada:
From NRA-ILA:
Objective Analysis May Lead To Real Reform

Friday, March 06, 2009

From time to time, elected officials actually do research an issue, learn the facts, and take the appropriate action. Such is the case with efforts to scrap Canada's multi-billion, ineffective gun registry.

On February 9, 2009, Garry Breitkreuz, a member of the Canadian House of Commons for the Conservative Party of Canada, introduced Bill C-301--an act to amend the Criminal Code and the Firearms Act (registration of firearms). This Private Members Bill would bring to an end Canada's much-maligned "Long Gun Registry."

According to a recent article in Canada's NationalPost.com, when the national long-gun registry was introduced some 14 years ago, Mr. Breitkreuz actually believed the onerous gun registry would help make Canada safer. Now he knows better.

"After many years of research, consultation and more than 600 access-to-information requests as a Member of Parliament, I now know that nothing could be further from the truth," said Breitkreuz. "The gun registry has not saved one life in Canada, and it has been a financial sinkhole, estimated to have cost some $2-billion. Imagine how many more police we could have on the streets if we had invested more wisely. We need to dismantle the wasteful, futile registry and abandon the notion that this political pacifier is working. But most importantly, we need to stop placing onerous regulations on duck hunters and sport shooters who are not part of Canada's criminal element."

To read more about this important story, please click here.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Ben Rumson

Post by Ben Rumson »

Assuming he can vote, we only need to flip three out of every one hundred voters to get the big house back.

Go forward in your quest and change them one at a time. :twisted:
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

Edit: Mike -- that's exactly what I was talking about. Great minds...

PS: We actually touched on the subject of Gun Control. I pointed out Canada's recent return to sanity by questioning and probably revoking their long-gun registry. He agreed.

He told me "I like guns - I OWN guns, but then I'm one of the good-guys. It's the bad-guys I'm worried about - we don't seem to have any way to be sure the wrong people don't get them."

I mentioned the Brit fiasco - he passed this off to the influx of "agressive" criminals from Eastern Europe - we moved on though I'd much like to beat this one some more.

He didn't seem to think bans were the solution, though he thought there had to be some way to make sure "only the good guys" could get them. I didn't push it, though I did point out that even if it were possible to collect them all, Google "bsp submachine gun" for an example of what any man could do with basic hand-tools and a decent HW store. I pointed out how our current system only served to make it hard for 'good guys" to arm while doing nothing to slow down the criminals -- he agreed but SEEMED to hold on to his wish that it wasn't so...

Anyhow, like I said -- unless someone objects -- I'd like to invite this guy in and see if we can turn him around!

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Give him a copy of Gun Facts 5.0

GunFacts.info:
Gun Facts - Your Guide to Debunking Gun Control Myths

INTRODUCTION: Gun Facts is a free e-book that debunks common myths about gun control. It is intended as a reference guide for journalists, activists, politicians, and other people interested in restoring honesty to the debate about guns, crime, and the 2nd Amendment.

Gun Facts has 94 pages of information. Divided into chapters based on gun control topics (assault weapons, ballistic finger printing, firearm availability, etc.), finding information is quick and easy.

Each chapter lists common gun control myths, then lists a number of documented and cited facts (with over 480 detailed footnotes) that directly dispute the gun control claim. Thus when a neighbor, editor or politician repeats some slogan propagated by the gun control industry, you can quickly find that myth then rebuke with real information.

Links to download the Gun Facts book are below. Other e-documents on other pages of this site are for special gun control issues, with most data lifted from the Gun Facts book.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Ben Rumson wrote:Assuming he can vote, we only need to flip three out of every one hundred voters to get the big house back.
Or prevent 6 of them from voting at all.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop