Whats your dog(s) look like ?

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Catbird

Re: Whats your dog(s) look like ?

Post by Catbird »

This is Batman. He's a Bichon Frise/Shih Tzu mix.
Batman.jpg
He's the happiest dog in the world.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Denis

Post by Denis »

arctictom wrote:Neat dogs , If I knew dogs attracted women I would have had one earlier in life...
Two words: golden retriever. Never fails. Apparently, it's something about the eyes.
George guy

Post by George guy »

I don't currently have a dog, but this was my German Shepherd/Boston Terrier Mandy, 1998-2007, a few months before her final trip to the vet. We never got any really good pictures of her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Jake the Dog,

95lbs, sheds fur that looks like porcupine quills.

Got him as a puppy, ate my first copy of "The Two Towers"
"All somebody has to do to get along peacefully with me is leave me and mine alone. They open the door to violence, they've got no right to complain if more than they bargained for walks through."
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Okay, I'll play. German Shorthaired Pointer, extremely gun-shy. The trainer who gave him to us opines he was abused by his first owner. Trainer said he got the dog too late to fully train before hunting season and he was making good progress, but the owner took the dog before training was complete. Owner returned him after the season was over saying, "he won't hunt". After working with him for several weeks, the trainer agreed. Owner was going to put him down but agreed to let the trainer "dispose" of him and the trainer started making phone calls to find him a home.

He has two speeds - Race and Getting Up to Speed. Nickname is Skid - he never has understood that he can't get running and/or cornering traction on hardwood floors. He leaves furniture and rugs askew in his wake. Fortunately, we have several acres for him to run on and he takes full advantage.
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Denis wrote:
arctictom wrote:Neat dogs , If I knew dogs attracted women I would have had one earlier in life...
Two words: golden retriever. Never fails. Apparently, it's something about the eyes.
Oz has his own seat in the truck (plywood panel over passenger side seat so its flat) , we get lots of looks, I think the sheep dog would give them a run for his money.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

I've had a lot of dogs in my life. And I have to agree with Denis. If you are a single male, the absolute best thing you can take with you to a park is a Golden Retriever puppy. Hell, all pups are cute, but the women swoon over a Golden.

Many moons ago I used to throw a cute bandana on Max, my 'rents GR puppy, and take him to the local beach/park. My ugly arse actually got a date or two....
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

You've seen her, but it's worth showing again. This is Heidi. She's half chihuahua, half the neighbor's dog did it. She is completely unfazed by the sound of gunfire.
http://www.hastonline.com/PA112416.JPG
Sorry, not feeling like cutting the image down.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

If you want a lab or golden retriever puppy to troll for chicks, but you don't want the lifetime commitment, many service dog organizations are looking for foster homes to socialize and give basic training to future service dogs.

I would have a hard time letting him/her go after the 9-12 month training period.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
merll2005

Post by merll2005 »

Catbird wrote:If you want a lab or golden retriever puppy to troll for chicks, but you don't want the lifetime commitment, many service dog organizations are looking for foster homes to socialize and give basic training to future service dogs.

I would have a hard time letting him/her go after the 9-12 month training period.
I worked with Susquehanna Service Dogs in high school. I'm pretty sure the puppy on the linked page was one of ours, Xcel*. It is hard to let the puppy go but thats how you get sucked into raising a second puppy. SSD will let you adopt the dog if they have to drop it from training, usually its because the dog has borderline hip problems that exclude them from the work.

*SSD names the dogs with the whole litter having a "theme", in that case "X" names. Sometimes they run out of ideas before the run out of puppies.