Yes - only a couple that I trust, the others, NO WAY
8%
Yes - only those equally heavily armed
No votes

Total votes: 80

clyde621

Re: Know Your Neighbors?

Post by clyde621 »

W Bird: Small town good and bad. I use to live in a small town years ago. I haven't moved but the town has grown from small to small city. Damn. We now have all the problems of the city. Gangs and such crap. :|
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jered

Post by Jered »

I know a few.

The others, I know enough about to know that I don't trust them...
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

The other question is, what if you know the local cops, but don't trust/like them... There are a few in town that I wouldn't feel comfortable turning my back on... (Most of the ones I've met seem decent, but the other...)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Jered

Post by Jered »

Aglifter wrote:The other question is, what if you know the local cops, but don't trust/like them... There are a few in town that I wouldn't feel comfortable turning my back on... (Most of the ones I've met seem decent, but the other...)
What local cops?

The ones that are forty-five minutes away when we call?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Aglifter wrote:The other question is, what if you know the local cops, but don't trust/like them... There are a few in town that I wouldn't feel comfortable turning my back on... (Most of the ones I've met seem decent, but the other...)
I would say if you're feeling like you can't or don't trust your local cops, that's something you should take up with your elected representatives - and not necessarily the Sheriff or Chief of Police, I'm talking THEIR bosses. Because, chances are you're not going to be the only one feeling that way - and that's a problem.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
clembrewer

Post by clembrewer »

I'm related to a few of them. I know who some of the others are, but have no other knowledge or interactions with them. I've lived in my house for almost 8 years and I've no idea who the people across the street are.
Upstate-NY