Hard to let go to the incompetent.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
BDK

Hard to let go to the incompetent.

Post by BDK »

I need to get my old strongman stuff out of the way. I'm keeping a couple old bars, but not the rest of it...

My platform and power rack are built for 1000#+ working loads. Designed to be bolted together w. grade 8 hardware. The bench for similar loads...

Its going to some fellow with soft hands, who looks like he's never broken a sweat...

I refused to give my strongman equipment to the skinny fat pipsqueak who wanted me to haul it to him, as he didn't have a truck, and said he couldn't load it...

We worked with small/skinny before. I don't blame the fellow for wanting a free power rack, and platform. And I hope he achieves something with it.

But, why the heck would pipsqueak want a set of 280-400# stones? He might have gotten up to being able to use the log, which weighs 140, empty - but he was never going to do more than... I don't know. 1 rep maybe with an old throwing stone...

Not enough people dumb enough to do the stuff I did, anymore...
BDK

Re: Hard to let go to the incompetent.

Post by BDK »

And, he just messaged, and seems nervous when he was told the rack had to be bolted down... I never saw one, outside of Chrome and Fern land, which wasn't...
Precision

Post by Precision »

I have a rack. I bolted it down, but not to the floor. I built a sub floor that has an "apron" that I can work on so it is almost double the foot print of the rack itself. I used 12" OC (2x6) beam spacing with a several internal cross braces and double 3/4" ply for the walk area. Lots of 2.5" screws to hold it together. The working platform is up higher than the weight area. The weight area has 2x2 base on 12" OC spacing with double layer of 3/4"ply topped with a double layer of horse stall poly mats as energy absorbent for deadlifts etc. If I manage to flip all that, well I somehow became the HULK, so.

Genius that doesn't want to bolt it down could do something similar or just stop and go back to playing video games.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:00 pmBut, why the heck would pipsqueak want a set of 280-400# stones? He might have gotten up to being able to use the log, which weighs 140, empty - but he was never going to do more than... I don't know. 1 rep maybe with an old throwing stone...
Hes reselling it, probably all the equipment you gave him. Used gym equipment is going for a fortune right now, due to covid shutting down the commercial gyms.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Post by BDK »

The power rack is meant to be used with the shock absorbing platform I have for it. The bolts are on the platform. I think we always bolted them to platforms. Actually, I know we did. Racks are like printing presses, eventually the bolts would work loose, if they went into concrete.
Precision

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:22 am The power rack is meant to be used with the shock absorbing platform I have for it. The bolts are on the platform. I think we always bolted them to platforms. Actually, I know we did. Racks are like printing presses, eventually the bolts would work loose, if they went into concrete.
makes sense. bolted to the platform would be much less likely to come out and certainly not SHATTER out like with concrete.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
BDK

Post by BDK »

Yeah... I worked out, once, in a “regular” gym in the long long ago...

Nothing like a swaying power rack, and a bar that felt “very” soft...