a question about Christianity / forgiveness

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
HTRN

Re: a question about Christianity / forgiveness

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:00 am I can SEE the temptation, hell, W is a far better man than I for not exterminating most of the ME with nukes, after 9/11.
I saw "no troops, send nukes" scrawled in the dirt on the back of a dumpr truck running to the fresh kills landfill about a week after - it was almost certainly hauling debris from the towers.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I have a mental outline that is slightly similar: A US lab develops a virus that is >90% fatal, with a long incubation period. Along with it, the vaccine is developed. This year, the "flu vaccine" isn't just for the flu. US allies, Israel particularly, are given the vaccine. A "rogue" CIA agent passes the virus to a terrorist, telling him that it is a bug developed to kill all the Jews. To be released in downtown Jerusalem. Casualties are very heavy in the Middle East, and no picnic elsewhere. One unintended consequence is the decimation of the anti-vax movement. It isn't well thought out, or very far along. I'm lazy and NOT a writer.
I told Mrs. O on 9/11, "If I was 30 years old, you and I would be having a big fight." I would have been down the street and back to the recruiter in a flash. I still think the response was bungled, we should never have kept troops in that part of the world. No need, self-illuminating parking lots don't require much in the way of an occupying force.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Odahi wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:26 pm I have a mental outline that is slightly similar: A US lab develops a virus that is >90% fatal, with a long incubation period. Along with it, the vaccine is developed.
The Russians developed a bioweapon with an almost 100% fatality rate - it was the common influemza virus, with human dna spliced in. The disease didnt kill you, the imune response attacking your own body did.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I did a research paper a very long time ago, for a writing class. The subject started out to be nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons. Of course I had to narrow it down, and so I chose an overview of nuclear weapons. Before I did, I found a book written by a General in the Chemical Corps (I think). It had been declassified in 1967. It was all about chemical and biological weapons, and it was a revelation. There was some really scary stuff created in the 50's and 60's. I would imagine some if it would be relevant to this very day, if we still had any of them around... Not that I think anyone, in any nation, would violate treaties by continuing to research/store such things.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Odahi wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:29 pmNot that I think anyone, in any nation, would violate treaties by continuing to research/store such things.
The Soviets had an accident with weaponized Anthrax in 1979, that killed upwards of a 100 people, due to misinstalled air filters. If the wind had been blowing towards the nearby town at the time of the incident, it would have killed thousands. The Soviets blamed it on contaminated food at the time.

TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

The Soviets had an accident with weaponized Anthrax in 1979, that killed upwards of a 100 people, due to misinstalled air filters. If the wind had been blowing towards the nearby town at the time of the incident, it would have killed thousands. The Soviets blamed it on contaminated food at the time.
https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB61/

Makes for some chilling reading.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Anthrax is particularly nasty, because the spores are so tough, with a lethal life measured in decades - it can, for instance be delivered via artillery, and contaminated an island in britain for decades, before they decontaminated it in the 90s using enormous quantities of formaldehyde.

BDK

Post by BDK »

Oh, “kill everyone” is easy. It’s why the CDC, etc crowd loses their minds about rumors of a bio weapon program.

And, it really is why we went to Iraq. I know the, very scared, very left-wing virologist who evaluated the intel. And, I’m pretty sure, it’s why Syria was left alone for so long. Sad dam was sending a hell of a lot of trucks to Syria, when Turkey denied us airspace - and we should have told Turkey to piss up a rope.

The hard part is the vaccine, and getting it distributed, and figuring how to survive after “everyone “ is dead.