Rumpshot has passed.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
toad

Re: Rumpshot has passed.

Post by toad »

May the God who looks after travelers be with him.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Damn, it's misty in here. I'll miss him.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Damn. He was one of the good ones. Prayers sent.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Gone all too soon.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

So sorry, we’ll miss him.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Precision

Post by Precision »

He and his family are amazing people. When Dawn died, he made sure I knew I was still a useful member of society. He and his wife twisted my arm until I accepted a paid for plane ticket out to their place for about a week of R&R and shootie goodness. When Dana died, she reached out to me THAT DAY to make sure I didn't find out on Facebook. In HER time of grief, she was worried about me. That is humbling. I can't explain how humbling.

He will be missed.

Much like I imagine I will be, when it gets to that time and place, he refused to discuss the selling of his guns. His wife (name redacted because of the net) is not nearly as into guns and will be wanting to sell off most of the guns that do not hold emotional significance to her. She is lost as to value and to what some of them even are. I offered, with the help of this community to get that information together for her when she decides to tackle that project. I may fly out to assist or if she prefers, we can do the photo route. I hope she / I can lean of some of you who are more learned with some of his more esoteric guns.

It will make her life easier.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Post by randy »

Darlin' Daughter and I visited him a few years ago as a side trip when visiting my mother. Concur with Precision's assessment.

We couldn't do a range trip due to weather, so we went to his place for a few hours of conversation and finger printing his guns. Some very nice pieces.

Not an expert, but will help where I can.

(Edited to add picture from the December 2015 trip. Damn! Has it been that long? Seems like last week)
RS AZ 27Dec16a.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
g-man

Post by g-man »

He offered his place as a stopover on this PCS... and by all accounts I missed out on first rate hospitality when we routed a different way. Godspeed sir.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Fair winds and following seas, Brother! You will be missed.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

A great man by all accounts. I never even met him in person. But yet I will miss his presence.