Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Fill

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by Fill »

haven't posted in this thread, but your mother already told you everything you need to know about me.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I should have listened to mine....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Well, then. I guess it's time I added to the merriment (or confusion, or both). :)

I'm in Maryland, at least for a while. I build satellites. NOT dishes, actual satellites. NASA certified in CCH, hand soldering, and polymerics. Lapsed fiber optic cert. Have also pulled/spliced telephone cabling, cat 5 cabling, and assorted other electrical stuff. I play on/with computers, at a novice level. I have rebuilt carburetors, installed head gaskets and clutches, and driven everything from go-karts to 44-pax bus. Made pizzas for a living. Drove cab. Been a pearl diver (washed dishes). Desert Storm and Bosnia vet, Apache and Blackhawk (and other) avionics. Married to a wonderful woman, two step-kids. Two tiny dogs, one with only three legs. I can also cook a little. Have a few guns- haven't had time or resources to go shooting lately, but looking at changing that this winter.

"Specialization is for insects." -Lazarus Long
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Bob K

Post by Bob K »

Odahi,

Welcome to the club. As I've said before, beer is in the cooler, ice in the fridge, booze on the counter, help yourself. Just be prepared to duck.

Welcome,

Best,

Bob K
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
Moose

Post by Moose »

Hello all, nice forum.
econometric

Post by econometric »

Hello all, been lurking for a while and thought it was about time I signed up and introduced myself.

I'm a former aerospace engineer now back in school finishing up an economics degree.

Grew up in Kansas and have been shooting all my life. I own a little bit of everyting from smokepoles to evil black rifles. A good part of my collection is old surplus stuff, if it's covered in cosmoline in the basement of a long forgotten warehouse I will probably want to own it.

Hobbies other than shooting are motorcycles and reading. I have also been known to do math for fun. I enjoy going to the theatre and try and catch as many shows as I can.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Welcome. You will find we are a diverse bunch of gun nuts with backgrounds in just about everything. Since you have been lurking you probably have figured that out.

Don't be bashful, jump in and comment.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Jered

Post by Jered »

Hi there.

Don't drink all the Hefeweizen.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
bruceissippi

Post by bruceissippi »

Just signed on here - but have been around on other forums/listservs for a while.

Hunt, shoot rimfire silhouettes, shoot for fun and (sometimes) accuracy with a decent collection of calibers from .22 short to .50 BMG and reload for as many as feasible.

50+ years old, 2nd generation computer guy ( I work with mainframes, unix , linux, and - when forced - windows ).
Married for 30+ years, 2 sons in college ( both were ROTC in high school and shot for the air rifle team ), wife is understanding when it comes to guns - prefers them to mistresses - and even will buy me one from time-to-time.
Located in Richland, Mississippi ( Jackson area ).
AZMARK

Post by AZMARK »

Welcome aboard,
We got a good group here that knows a little bit about anything & everything. Find a thread and jump in.
My favorite story of his ended with "...and so he went out the back door in his bathrobe, flipped the AK to 'Afrikaner', and started hosing the baboons off his tennis court." - Tam