Disability

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
randy

Re: Disability

Post by randy »

Rod wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:07 pm You might look up Mckenzie Exercises also. That's what I'm doing and it does seem to help. https://www.verywellhealth.com/mckenzie ... ck-2696222
Thanks
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:56 pm
randy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:54 pm HAZMAT scenes
I think we may have found the culprit- think back over the last year or so before this started, were you exposed to anything nasty, no matter how brief or minor?
I highly doubt it. haven't been near an active scene for years, and that was at Incident Command far outside even the warm zone and upwind of a non vaporous spill. My job description however did require me to be able to respond if needed. I'm not a HAZMAT tech, so never suited up, but provided communications an logistical support to the IC.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

Thanks for all the good thoughts and advice. I appreciate it.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Just finished reading a book on chelation therapy (I've got a bunch of stuff accumulated over the years). Lots of mention of neuropathy in there.

It was a collection of interviews with a range of MDs, Dentists, DO's, ND's, DC's who have different views and approaches. Made for an interesting look at the spectrum of opinion, experience, protocols/methodologies.

Eat the chicken, leave the bones.

I've been housecleaning for nigh on 10 years off and on. Am moving the dial pretty good but still got a bunch of stuff showing up on DMSA urine challenge I just re did last month. Lead is out of the red zone now but still elevated. Aluminum and Uranium on the rise (probably there all along but now with some other metals down they are becoming visible. The available DMSA can only grab on to so much in the test before it's all bound up. It graps the easy stuff first).

Done some IV chelation. Lots of oral stuff (EDTA and DMSA) and dietary focused methods. Saunas. Lot of liver support. Big Vitamin C daily (its a chelator, so that extra you pee out is a feature not a bug). Hard to draw a clear causation line but this is a component of various changes I've made that have me feeling on the whole much better.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Chelation seems to get after a number of pathways affecting neuropathy including circulation and electrical stuff at the cellular level.

Also read up on remylenation and neurogenesis and how to support it.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Randy, my wife's on SSI (NOT disability for her Lupus and Fibromyalgia), and as such we're slightly over the income level for me to get Medicare at her income level while I'm unemployed (after TWO recent hip replacement surgeries), so we've had to live off my city pension money until we can get back on our feet.

The GOOD thing about that money (her SSI money) is that it isn't taxable, until you reach a certain amount of income, then it's counted for your taxes. PLEASE consult your tax person to determine what your tax liability night be for the following tax year.

Although we didn't qualify for Medicare (and was rejected by the State for MediCal), we qualified for subsidies under Covered CA - but your state might be vastly different (and I hope so - especially in this anti-RKBA State)!!

Please explore your options, state & federal regarding your health insurance!!

As you get older, you'll NEED IT!! :) :D
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
randy

Post by randy »

Thanks for the info and support.

I have been notified by Social Security that I am not eligible for SS Disability as I have not worked in a job that pays into SS within the last 5 years (my government job paid into the state pension fund, which where I'm getting my income now), and I'm making too much from my state disability (especially combined with CINCHOUSE's income) to qualify for anything else, so dead end there.

Next step is VA, assuming they are doing anything about applications during the Fed shutdown.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I too have it. Watch trimming the toenails, wear good socks, watch the alcohol, keep moving. I ignore the burning sensations to a point but keep checking the feet twice or more each day. It sucks but it's what it is. Hang in there. There's no way through it but to keep moving as best you can.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Rod

Post by Rod »

I have four vertebrae out of place in my back (14 years on tanks does that to you). with the L4 and L5 pinching my right sciatic nerve. I was prescribed Gabipentin for the pain, at 300 mg every night before bed. Max dose is 3600 a day. Helped enough that the doctor decided not to do spinal surgery but I quit taking the pills after the last appointment. The pain and slap foot is coming back but not near as bad as it was. I see the surgeon again tomorrow and am going to ask him to cut anyway. Can't keep going on with this. I know how you're feeling and it sucks. Just saying that the Gabipention might help with short term relief. I didn't suffer any of the symptoms noted I might add. Good luck and ever thought of taking up gunsmithing?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I have Neuropathy in finger tips and the sole of my feet. It is apparently a relatively mild case, compared to what others have said. Mine was brought about by chemotherapy.

My VA Dietitian, of all people, suggested Frankincense Myrrh Neuropathy Oil for relief. It does seem to help. It is available at Walmart and through Amazon. It is spendy, but works for me.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona